Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BaldeRunner
Reel Rookie

Apple TV App stopped playing content on Roku TV

Jump to solution

Roku TV TCL 75Q825 running 11.0.0 build 4193-88

Apple TV app loads and navigates, but does not play video. Displays a green screen instead. Other Apple TV players like my iPhone work fine. This is new today. 

Thoughts?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
BaldeRunner
Reel Rookie

Re: Apple TV App stopped playing content on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I did that just yesterday and it DID resolve my problem. 

Thanks so much for this follow up. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Probably an issue between the Apple and Roku servers.  However Roku does not manufacture the sets themselves; it’s just an integrated Roku OS system licensed to TV manufacturers.  So you would have to contact TCL Support.  

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@BaldeRunner

Thanks for the post.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
BaldeRunner
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did that just yesterday and it DID resolve my problem. 

Thanks so much for this follow up. 

Michelle3
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@BaldeRunner  Anytime.  Glad to hear your issue is resolved! 🙂

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Kudork

Jump to solution

Didn't think I'd be doing this, since Roku worked so well with Netflix, Prime, Disney, but a few days ago we signed up for Apple TV to watch Spirited. It seemed to start, but we got interrupted, and when we came back to it on Roku, the video wouldn't start. It's a week later now, and everything we want to watch on Apple, via the Roku device, will start once, but we get "Video Not Available" when we return to the same show or episode.

We have tried everything listed in this thread, and have reloaded Apple and the Roku s/w multiple times with the same result. Apple TV works fine on a PC and an iPhone. It's Roku 3930CA - supposedly in the Apple compatible list. 

Danny's suggestions in this thread that it's an Apple problem don't seem valid, since Apple is working fine on other devices, and other streaming services are working fine on Roku. It's either the Roku device or s/w or the marriage between Apple and Roku. 

Apple has some great stuff that we want to watch, and we got the Roku so we wouldn't have to huddle around the computer screen.

Thanks for suggestions.

0 Kudos