Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris-K
Streaming Star

Anyone know how to login to Filmzie app???

I created a login and pass online but when you try to login on Roku it just asks you for your Filmzie Password????? And of course doesn't recognise???

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Anyone know how to login to Filmzie app???

@Chris-K

I have Filmzie on my Roku devices.  When I first used it, it asked me to create a password. (it used my default Roku account/email and I just needed to enter a new password).

You can then go the Filmzie website https://filmzie.com/home and login over there.  However, the only way to change the password associated with your Roku account and the Filmzie channel/app seems to be to select "Forgot Password" on their website.  It will then send you a link to your email to reset the password of your choosing.

-----

You may have to try creating a Filmzie account using the same email address as your Roku account so the password is recognized on your Roku device. 

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos
Chris-K
Streaming Star

I created a new Filmzie account using my Roku email address but the app still won't accept the password

It's bizarre that it prompts for a random password without even a clue to what account the password is for?????

Bizarre

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Chris-K 

The password is just used to access your Filmzie Watch List and to add movies/shows to the Watch List. (that little heart icon is how you add and remove them to the Watch List on Roku devices).

I just installed on Android phone to see how it syncs.  On the mobile version, you select "Watch Later" and it will be added to this Watch List.  By logging into your profile (using the password), you can universally view the Watch List, add/remove content from Watchlist.

-----

Now that you have a Filmzie account using your Roku account email, go to the Filmzie website, enter this Roku account email, then select "Forgot password".  You will be sent the link to change password.  Then re-launch the Fimlzie channel/app on the Roku device and login using the new password.

Because you now have multiple Filmzie accounts going, just set both passwords to the same new password.  After you get it working, delete one of your accounts if you wish.

I justran through the above process and the reset password is working.  I had no problem syncing the Filmzie mobile app with the Roku and vice-versa.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos