Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SouthPawPhlly
Streaming Star

Anagram Game stability problems

Are there any players of the Anagram Game app out there who are having stability problems with the app?

The game will randomly go back to the Roku home screen without warning during play and the game will end before the time is up, etc.  

I would like to be able to fix these problems is possible.  I'm kind of hooked on the game if you know what I mean.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: Anagram Game stability problems

Hi @SouthPawPhlly 

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@SouthPawPhlly-

Another thing to check:

If you are powering your Roku by plugging into the USB port on the TV, try powering from house power via the USB power adapter that came with the Roku*. 

The ports on many televisions only supply 0.5 amp or less, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably. It may appear to start up okay, but when it runs into something that requires more power than the tv's USB port can provide, something's got to give. Frequently this results in shutting down the stream you are viewing and exiting back to the Roku home screen. 

If this is a new problem, possibly an update to either the Roku operating software or to some channel app software is using a little more power than in the past.  If you were just barely scraping by before, this might push you over the edge. 

*If your Roku didn't come with an adapter, or if you don't have a Roku adapter handy, any other USB power adapter you have from another device should work as long as the fine print on it says it outputs at least 1 amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
SouthPawPhlly
Streaming Star

Thanks!  I will give it a try.

0 Kudos