Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wildchildofgod
Binge Watcher

“An unexpected error occurred” in Movie & TV Store

Recently had the same problem and though it was solved at the time (and I was sure that I saved it somewhere in case it happened again), but I cannot find it or replicate it. The problem is when I click on the ROKU-Movie or ROKU-TV Store by Vudu Fandango in the Home Screen, I get the error notification above in the subject line. It is as though I need to re-login to Vudu somewhere, and I have done that on every Vudu platform that I have & through every mode I access Vudu from; mobile app, mobile Chrome, desktop Chrome, iPad app, iPad Chrome, iPad Safari, & of course the Vudu app in ROKU. I have logged out and log back in to each one, and did them all at the same time even so that there was nothing logged into Vudu when I began logging back in.  I was almost positive that that’s what I did before and it cleared the error notification up & I was again able to go into the movie and TV store to purchase or rent movies from Vudu through Roku. I recently had to have my power supply in the TV replaced because it went out, and since that happened I have not been able to get back into the movie and TV store regardless of where I re-login to Vudu trying to do so.

Bill E.
0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: “An unexpected error occurred” in Movie & TV Store

@wildchildofgod

Thanks for he post.

Have you tried reaching out to the channel provider to see what insight they can offer you? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wildchildofgod
Binge Watcher

Re: “An unexpected error occurred” in Movie & TV Store

I realize it's been a super long time since I replied to this post, but I just wanted to update it in case someone else was struggling through the same issue. So after a lot of struggling and trying multiple things people suggested, some of which were ridiculous and none of which worked, I finally discovered how to log back into the Roku Movie and TV Store (by VUDU) located on your Roku home screen. Now this is an optional feature which can be toggled on or off in settings, so a lot of people might not have it on their home screen starting out & a lot of people might not use it that do have it on their home screen because they either don't utilize the Vudu app for purchasing or renting movies, don't have an account in the Vudu app, or just don't like it or don't purchase or rent movies at all. Whatever the reason, whether you do or don't have the Movie & TV Store on your Roku home screen, if you do suddenly decide to access this feature in your settings, once it appears on your home screen list of features, you will still have to login it to use it. And you CANNOT do that through any other Vudu login site except by clicking the Asterix (*) button on your remote while hovering over the actual writing that says Movie Store or TV Store on your Roku home screen. Once you hover your remote icon over the words Movie Store or TV Store, click the Asterix button on your remote, and it will give you a mini pop-up Vudu login screen. This information is not in settings or anywhere on any Roku or VUDU support site. No Roku or VUDU CSR or support agent I spoke to (which sadly, was a LOT of people) was ever able to answer this correctly for me. I found this out randomly on my own by sheer coincidence, which was basically weeks of trial and error and then quite accidentally figured it out myself. VUDU CSR's and support don't even know how to login to the VUDU/Fandango Movie and TV Store on your Roku, so heads up . . . . calling them and asking their toll free 1-800#, likewise, will not provide you with any realistic answer to this question. Hopefully this information gets spread around because I'm sure I'm not the only one that struggled with this dilemma. Thank you to those that tried to answer this for me.

Bill E.
0 Kudos