Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PDSont
Reel Rookie

America's Test Kitchen and others not streaming

I have a TCL TV with Roku. The whole system works fine except for trying to watch some shows on Live TV on the Roku Channel. America's Test Kitchen and Martha Stewart are just the ones I've come across. Other channels that I have checked work fine. My internet connection is very good and I have no problem streaming Netflix, Prime etc. I am in Canada. Is there a reason that some shows won't stream? Like other examples on here, the name and splash page for the show appears, but when I select it off both the Guide and the channel page, noting happens, the screen is just blank. If I move up or down one channel the other shows play fine.

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: America's Test Kitchen and others not streaming

Hi @PDSont

Thanks for the post.

We would recommend trying to unplug your TV for 10-15 minutes and then plugging it back in to see if that resolves the issue you are seeing.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
PDSont
Reel Rookie

I did unplug the TV, no change. I did a system restart, nothing changed. I did a factory reset and nothing changed. I removed the ROKU channel and restarted and then added the channel back, nothing changed. I checked the updates, everything up to date. I have had the TV for a few years now and really didn't access ROKU channel, but recently "cut the cord" getting rid of my local provider and thought I would find resources on ROKU. Seems my thinking was premature. Perhaps I should have explored this community more in-depth and I would have seen that this is a wide spread problem that has been ongoing since at least 2021 with no real solution offered up. I also note that ROKU shares have dropped significantly since 2022 with sales that tanked over Christmas adding to the drop. Could this be a reflection of the growing number of frustrated customers now looking for something other than ROKU?

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @PDSont

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

Have you tried contacting the TV manufacturer - TCL to inquire further? I'd suggest starting there to see what options or suggestions they can provide. Each Roku TV manufacturer provides direct support and warranty services for their products running the Roku OS. They'll be the best ones to help regarding your issue.

You can contact them here: TCL Support. Call them at 1-877-300-8837.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
PDSont
Reel Rookie

It is definitely not the TV. Everything works including ROKU, all except for ROKU Channel. As an experiment I have an old ROKU 3 box that I activated and updated to see if it was the programming inside the TV. After doing all of that, the ROKU Channel does not work on the ROKU 3 box.  It has to be at your end. I understand that the ROKU Channel is free programming and likely not a priority to the company, but still there has to be a lot of very disgruntled people out there who are demanding that something be addressed. I do get programming elsewhere, so I am not relying on the channel for all my viewing needs, but it still rankles me that when something is advertised as being a benefit of a system and then does not provide the benefit, there has to be some consequences.

0 Kudos