Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EMILY1543
Channel Surfer

Re: Is Amazon no longer going to support the Prime Video app on certain Roku devices as of 11/1/21

Jump to solution

oh ok.. thanks

Emily

0 Kudos
hebegb22058
Reel Rookie

Re: prime not working on some roku units

Jump to solution

It is real.

0 Kudos
ropermom

Re: Amazon Prime Models Supported

Jump to solution

If I have the Streaming Stick+ HD, 4K, that should be supported after 11/1/21 with Amazon Prime?  I really  like the stick.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@ropermom 

Yes.

0 Kudos
hebegb22058
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have a different, but similar problem. I can't install HBO Max on my Roku HD2, I keep getting an error. Are the two not compatible? I have a newer stick on my other TV, and it works fine. Is there any work around for this?

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@hebegb22058 

If thats a model 3050 then HBO Max won't install on it due to its age (10 year old model) and OS version (9.1 - HBO Max requires OS9.3).

I recommend upgrading to the $30 Express 4K+.

0 Kudos
Cat400

Re: Is Amazon no longer going to support the Prime Video app on certain Roku devices as of 11/1/21

Jump to solution

I have a very old but still functioning Sony TV and Amazon is not supporting my Roku device. This person suggested Express4K+. I would like to know why this was recommended and would it function with any TV. I can't seem to figure out how to speak with customer service since I continually receive a message my "selected topic" is not supported by an agent. Gee you would think they would want to sell their products.

renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Cat400, the Express 4k+ will work on any pretty much any HDTV.  It was probably recommended because it's a middle of the road Roku with arguably the best bang for the buck.  You can choose the one with the options you need from the players here:

https://www.roku.com/products/players

Any of them should work on your TV assuming it's an HDTV.  Post the model number of your TV if you'd like someone to check.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
anode505
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Doubt I'll upgrade my Roku just to get Prime back.

The app/channel was/is HORRIBLE.  The UX/UI was thrown together haphazardly.

Browsing TV shows it will show each season like its a separate show.  All the other apps devs are smart enough to stuff all the seasons into a single show.  Is this just to artificially inflate what Prime looks to have available?  Probably.  Always get dumped back to the top after a movie (or something long)  Not where you left off.

Nope, not gonna upgrade just to be frustrated and annoyed.  Good riddance Prime Video.

0 Kudos
Vic2120m

Amazon Prime Dropping outdated Roku models this month.

Jump to solution

Received mail notice two weeks ago that effective this month they ( Amazon Prime) will no longer work on several listed Roku models (all of which I am using on my three TVs). Netflix and Amazon were the driving consideration in my Roku purchases. Does Roku have any workaround in the works or is it a hardware issue. Will you update our purchases? Will you offer owners a substantial discount on products which are compatible and usable?