Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jade12

Prime Video App No Longer Accessible on Roku Devices; Did anyone get this?

Jump to solution

Did any one else get this?  Email I received August 24, 2021:

Amazon will no longer be supporting the Prime Video app on our Roku device (The specific models no longer supported are 3500X, 2710X, 2720X, 2700X, 3050X, 3100X, 2400X, 3000X, 2500X, 2450X, 3400X) as of November 1, 2021.  We are continually upgrading our service and this occasionally means we can no longer support certain device models.

To help you to continue streaming your favorite content, customers may purchase a new Roku device at a discount.  Log in with your Roku account to see the offer at: https//:my.roku.com/upgrade/prime-exclusive-upgrade/details.

A complete list of compatible devices where you can continue to watch Prime Video can be found here:

https.//www.primevideo.com/help/?nodeld=GXMWDGNCPX2JLPFH.

It was signed: Thanks for watching with us.

Prime Video

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Prime Video App No Longer Accessible on Roku Devices; Did anyone get this?

Jump to solution

You're a little late to the party, I'm afraid.  Many received this email and a bunch of threads about it were started days ago.

If there's any question, the emails are legit. The model numbers affected on November 1 are:

Roku 2 HD/XD/XS models 2050X, 2500X, 2720X, 3000X, 3100X
Roku LT models 2400X, 2450X, 2700X
Roku SE model 2710X
Roku Streaming Stick models 3400X, 3420X, 3500X

(The Xs or other letters at the end of the model number are distribution codes and are irrelevant for this issue.)

To check your model number use Roku menu path Settings / System / About

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
kccat5
Binge Watcher

Re: Is Amazon no longer going to support the Prime Video app on certain Roku devices as of 11/1/21

Jump to solution

So they're going to force us to go out and buy new televisions now? I don't have the money for that

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Is Amazon no longer going to support the Prime Video app on certain Roku devices as of 11/1/21

Jump to solution

@kccat5 

I think you're a bit confused - no one is being required to buy a new TV.

Some users with very old Roku player models (from March 2014 and earlier) will no longer by able to use the Prime app after November 1st.

They are being offered a discounted Express ($10) or they can buy any new model of their choice (e.g. $30 Express 4K+ or $40 Streaming Stick+).

0 Kudos
kccat5
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

OK Ty. So these are the old boxes then? The media players?

Okay I thought it was the TVs I went into panic mode. I'm on a fixed income I can't afford to buy televisions all the time I thank God everyday my three year old Roku still works because we know how fast things break down nowadays

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@kccat5 

Yes, the player models are those specifically listed in the email and in this and other threads repeatedly, and all of them are from March 2014 and earlier.

The upgrade offer is for a $10 Express (3930) which I dont recommend - get the $30 Express 4K+ (3941) instead.

wilemutt07n
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks and yes, I bought it the day after I got the email. I did buy the Roku 2 Express which is doing fine and was easy to install. Can you please tell me specifically why you don't recommend this? 

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@wilemutt07n 

There is no "Roku 2 Express" - if you used the $10 Prime upgrade offer, thats an Express (3930).

I dont recommend the (non 4K) Express models because they have the most problems and the least amount of functionality (2.4Ghz only, no ethernet options, lower memory).

I highly recommend dual-band (2.4Ghz and 5Ghz) models only - the $30 Express 4K+ (3941) is dual-band, has a USB ethernet option, comes with a Voice Remote, and is 4K/HDR capable. (the regular Express has none of that).

EMILY1543
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have an Express model and I am an Amazon Prime Video subscriber. I have not received any notice from Amazon, nor have I received any upgrade offer from Roku, and there are no upgrade offers on my Roku account page.

so .. ?????   

0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@EMILY1543 wrote:

I have an Express model and I am an Amazon Prime Video subscriber. I have not received any notice from Amazon, nor have I received any upgrade offer from Roku, and there are no upgrade offers on my Roku account page.

so .. ?????   

Roku Express is not affected.  Only very old models are affected.  Your Roku Express will continue to work.

0 Kudos