Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
txwingfoot

Amazon Prime Video no longer available on this Roku model?

Jump to solution

Is this email I received a spoof or phishing email, or is it true ?

Dear Customer,

Amazon will no longer be supporting the Prime Video app on your Roku device (The specific models no longer supported are: 3500X, 2710X, 2720X, 2700X, 3050X, 3100X, 2400X, 3000X, 2500X, 2450X, 3400X, and 3420X) as of 1st November, 2021. We are continually upgrading our service and this occasionally means we can no longer support certain device models.

To help you to continue streaming your favorite content, customers may purchase a new Roku device at a discount. Log in with your Roku account to see the offer: https://my.roku.com/upgrade/prime-exclusive-upgrade/details.

A complete list of compatible devices where you can continue to watch Prime Video can be found here: https://www.primevideo.com/help/?nodeId=GXMWDGNCPX2JLPFH.

Thanks for watching with us.

Sincerely,

Prime Video

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Amazon Prime Video no longer available on this Roku model?

Jump to solution

@txwingfoot  @grammy2shoes 

Yes, its legit, Amazon is dropping Prime app support from older Roku models (services and manufacturers do this from time to time - its normal).

Try the upgrade offer, or buy any other currently available Roku model of your choice at Roku.com or Walmart/Best Buy/Amazon/etc.

I recommend the $30-40 Express 4K+, not the Express (even with the $10 upgrade offer).

View solution in original post

makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Amazon Prime Models Supported

Jump to solution

@RollingDoc wrote:

Right, which one to replace... the express is being 'given away' more or less.

Replace any Roku on the Amazon no-longer-supported list -- 3500X, 2710X, 2720X, 2700X, 3050X, 3100X, 2400X, 3000X, 2500X, 2450X, 3400X, and 3420X

If you need to find your model number go to Roku menu path Settings > System > About

I concur with the suggestions to get the Express 4K+.  It is a much more capable unit, and it works with both HD and 4K TVs, giving you an upgrade path if you have HD now but upgrade to 4K later.

Additional resources that you might find helpful:

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X

View solution in original post

110 REPLIES 110
RollingDoc
Reel Rookie

Re: Amazon Prime Video no longer available on this Roku model?

Jump to solution

JUST received this today... an offer for a very low priced "Roku Express" comes along with it. Wondering if this all fits with knowledge here (and is not some scam, doesn't look like it, but..)? Thanks.

Amazon will no longer be supporting the Prime Video app on your Roku device. The specific models no longer supported after November 1, 2021 are:

• 3500X
  • 2710X
  • 2720X
  • 2700X
  • 3050X
  • 3100X
  • 2400X
  • 3000X
  • 2500X
  • 2450X
  • 3400X
  • 3420X

We are continually upgrading our service and this occasionally means we can no longer support certain device models.

atc98092

Jump to solution

I believe that it is accurate that Amazon is going to drop support for older players. Many providers don't support those models. They simply don't have the processing power to work with the latest channels. Some of those models are close to 10 years old (if not more). I have a 3100, and it's useless for most channels. It's been at the bottom of a drawer for years, and only comes out if I need to test something for a user. 

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Nixx

Jump to solution

I received the same offer today and came here to check the validity.  Not sure which new Roku I want to purchase though...express or other model?

0 Kudos
RollingDoc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Right, which one to replace... the express is being 'given away' more or less.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@RollingDoc 

It seems reasonable. Roku itself still officially supports only four of those devices listed, and they are really old, underpowered devices, dating from 2013 & 2014: models 2700, 2710, 2720, & 3500. All the rest in that list are already not supported by Roku, and have not been supported for years.

For any of those four devices still officially supported by Roku, I'd recommend upgrading from them anyway.

If you do decide to purchase a new Roku device, the Roku Express 4K+ is on sale, costing only $5 more than the Roku Express. The Express 4K+ is a far superior device, and would likely be a better choice than the Express.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
atc98092

Jump to solution

I second going with the Express 4K+. WiFi remote, 4K/HDR support, fast processor, excellent WiFi radio. No comparison with the "regular" Express.

Dan

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Natbug49

prime not working on some roku units

Jump to solution

I was wondering..did anyone else get an email from Prime video stating it would no longer work on certain roku models after Nov 1st? It looks like the X models (12 total). I'm wondering if this is a real email. 

melbapeach

Re: prime not working on some roku units

Jump to solution

I got the same email from Prime.  I am wondering what Roku model I need to replace all of my units.

RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: prime not working on some roku units

Jump to solution

Hey @Natbug49

Thanks for the post.

Channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel developer themselves. We would recommend reaching out to the channel's customer support team for more information and confirmation if the email you received is real. 

You can contact Amazon Prime Video support here.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator