Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gregardio

Re: Amazon Prime Video no longer available on this Roku model?

Jump to solution

I have a Roku Ultra Dolby vision 4800x and it has no Prime video I can find end no search button to find apps is this normal I'm just about to return it

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Gregardio, if you're not in a region officially supported by Roku channel/app availability will be limited and search will be unavailable.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos

Re: Amazon Prime Models Supported

Jump to solution

Is there an updated list of models that will not be supported for 2022?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@Confused222

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that channel's compatibility with Roku devices, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Scotchwater
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi RokuDanny,

I just found this site after spending 2 hours trying to set up my Roku stick.  After going back and forth from the computer to the tv I finally got it connected!  The bad news, however, is when I tried to connect Amazon Prime, I too got the screen saying "amazon instant video app no longer supported".  Our TV is in our vacation home that is being used more and more that has a JVC Roku 4K TV that is about 6 years old.  

I completely understand that this is a "me problem" and not the fault of Roku, but any help you can give me on what to follow up with that would be the cheapest and easiest to get 4k Prime TV would really help this Senior Citizen Dinosaur!!! 

My serial # is: 1EJ46H071339

Thanks!!!

Al

0 Kudos
actu_8

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

Hi - I have a Roku LT and it is not letting me open Prime Video, reporting "amazon instant video app no longer supported".

Is there any way around this?

Thanks

Mark

0 Kudos
anode505
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

Buy a firestick

Scotchwater
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

That's exactly what I did.  Works flawlessly!!!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@actu_8, when it comes to Roku devices it's the model number, not name, that matters.  If you're getting that message then I assume your device is older and doesn't have the horsepower to run the newer, slower, more bloated channels/apps that have become the way of the world on every kind of device and computer.  The only way around it is to get a newer device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Tina5177

Jump to solution
  •  
0 Kudos