Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Re: Is Amazon no longer going to support the Prime Video app on certain Roku devices as of 11/1/21

Jump to solution

Considering the PC lifecycle is 2-3 years, 7+ years for a very cheap dedicated streaming device is more than generous (its just Amazon that deprecated Prime service, not Roku or other service providers...yet)

And unlike PCs, these devices arent really hardware upgradeable (aside from using a SD card to limit constant app-reloading, or an external USB drive for quickly accessing media files, which can be moved to a newer model) - they are, after all, very cheap - unlike PCs.

The market already decided, and it wasnt in favor of you (or your position) - streamer sales are stronger than ever, as evidenced by units sold/market cap/etc.

The only "Koolaid" being consumed is by the person that thinks their Atari STe/Motorola is as capable as their 11 year old laptop (if it was, you wouldnt have bought the laptop).

Abandoning personal anecdotal contrary evidence and logic in favor of making repeated irrational false disproven statements is just asinine and agenda-driven, and people already stopped listening, except you - to you.

Time to close out this one-off account and make the next....

0 Kudos
Cudchewer35
Reel Rookie

Re: Amazon Prime Models Supported

Jump to solution

Same thing here.  Select item, go to check out, and my cart is empty.  Help, any suggestions?

0 Kudos
JoL

Jump to solution

I had the same problem & contacted Roku. They said they're aware of the problem & they're engineers are working on fixing it. They said they'll inform everyone when the issue's resolved, but I've still been checking on my own.

0 Kudos
Me2021
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The Roku 2720 has 2 models: the 2720X and the 2720R.  I just chatted with Amazon Video technical support  and only the 2720X version will be unsupported as of Nov. 1.  According to the person I chatted with, the 2720R version will still work.

0 Kudos
ronseg

Re: Is Amazon no longer going to support the Prime Video app on certain Roku devices as of 11/1/21

Jump to solution

What is the prime video app? Where is the model #? Will I be able to use the HDMI and remote and will I be able to scroll to the amazon video icon on the home screen and not use the amazon button on the remote?

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@txwingfoot wrote:

A complete list of compatible devices where you can continue to watch Prime Video can be found here: https://www.primevideo.com/help/?nodeId=GXMWDGNCPX2JLPFH.

Unfortunately this Prime Video page doesn't deliver what it promises.  It doesn't tell you WHICH MODELS are supported, only the features present on supported models.  For ROKU it lists:

• Streaming Video Quality - up to Ultra HD
  • Sound quality - up to 5.1 surround sound, Dolby Atmos
  • Closed Captions (Subtitles) - Yes
  • Audio Description - No
  • Live Streaming - Yes
  • Live ad support - Yes
  • Ad supported channels - Yes
  • Profiles Supported - Yes, on selected models
  • Support Website - https://support.roku.com/

The older Roku models that Amazon has announced will no longer be supported effective November 1, 2021 are:

Roku 2 HD/XD/XS models 2050X, 2500X, 2720X, 3000X, 3100X
Roku LT models 2400X, 2450X, 2700X
Roku SE model 2710X
Roku Streaming Stick models 3400X, 3420X,  3500X

Menu path to check your model number:  Settings > System > About

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Me2021 wrote:

The Roku 2720 has 2 models: the 2720X and the 2720R.  I just chatted with Amazon Video technical support  and only the 2720X version will be unsupported as of Nov. 1.  According to the person I chatted with, the 2720R version will still work.

There is only one 2720 model - the 2720.  The "R" and "RW" and "X" are retail distribution designations.

Whoever you talked to is wrong - if you have a 2720, it will lose Prime service as of November 1.

wilemutt07n
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I got the same email today, went to the Roku website, and purchased the Roku Express. My older Roku model is 3500X. They subtracted $20.00 making the total charge $9.99, plus a $1.00 refundable fee. Friends at my gym said that I was scammed so I contacted my bank and asked them to remove the charge and cancel my Visa! Now I find out that it was legit! There was a scam from CaliGeeks Inc. that had to do with registration of Roku devices. I emailed my bank again and asked them to keep my order. 

There are many treacherous waters these days trying to figure out what is legit anymore! Good grief!!!

Good luck!

0 Kudos
ronseg1

Jump to solution

Where is the model #? I have a HDMI stick and a remote. Neither one shows a model number. I can't tell if my remote and stick are affected or not.

0 Kudos
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@ronseg1 

In the Roku UI:  Settings/System/About

0 Kudos