Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DLG56
Reel Rookie

Re: Amazon Prime Originals showing with Spanish descriptions

After reading so many other posts of people trying to resolve this issue of Spanish descriptions on Amazon Prime on my Roku, I did not reach out to Amazon Prime support.  I had already planned to upgrade my old Roku 2 device (Model 3100).  I bought a Roku Ultra 4K and voila the issue was resolved.  I have to say I should have upgraded my Roku device sooner.   No more freezing while watching a movie or show on any of my Roku channels streaming and clearer picture. 

0 Kudos
Errant

Same deal here. Looks like I need to retire my Roku. I won’t buy another, since my AppleTvs and Fire devices work fine. Disappointed in Roku for trying to force us to purchase new devices 😞

0 Kudos
LupeLupita
Reel Rookie

This only happens with my roku streaming stick. When I watch Amazon original prime videos on my laptop, iphone or ipad, I have no problem, the show is in English. On roku, it is in Spanish. So, I don't believe the problem is on Amazon's end. It's something to do with roku. I speak Spanish fluently so I can understand the program when its in Spanish. But it annoys me that shows originally made in English are dubbed and I'm forced to watch the dubbed version.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@LupeLupita

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? What title are you experiencing this issue with? What Roku model device are you using?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
LupeLupita
Reel Rookie

Hi Danny, thanks for reaching out about this problem.

I have a roku streaming stick plus.

The issue I'm experiencing is with Amazon ORIGINALS, such as "Underground railroad." With other series or films I view via Amazon prime I don't have an issue. Only  "originals."

The issue is the spoken language is ONLY Spanish, and there's no way to change it. When I try, it tells me that it is only available in the "default" language, and the default is Spanish.

When I watch the same program on my laptop, ipad or iphone, this doesn't happen. So, it is clearly some issue between Roku and Amazon. 

I see others have described the same issue, so glad to know I'm not alone. I hope you guys can find a way to fix this. It's super annoying when the original program is in English and we are forced to listen to it dubbed into Spanish. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@LupeLupita

Thanks for the post

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact Amazon Prime Video support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Amazon Prime Video support here: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=G9SY6AQJV45JFMET

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
marine63

I have a Roku Ultra purchased in May 2021. All Amazon descriptions are in Spanish. My Roku is not an older model and this does not happen on my laptop.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @marine63

Thanks for the post.

As mentioned by @RokuDanny-R above, channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. We would recommend reaching out to the channel's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JB1313
Channel Surfer

Just found an older Amazon forum thread that confirms they were able to fix this issue for customers on the past // and offers some additional troubleshooting tips. Maybe it can help? 

0 Kudos

Here's the answer. Mine was already showing as off but I just cut them on and back off and went Back to the show and they were gone.

https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/how-to-turn-off-subtitles-on-amazon-prime-video/

0 Kudos