Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
squidbe
Reel Rookie

Re: Amazon Fast forward/rewind debacle

It appears that some people are talking about different behavior from what the OP was talking about. I experience a bug like what the OP described, namely that when initiating ff/rw, then stopping at that point I want to resume play, the app gets stuck in a loop whereby it plays for literally just one second, then a spinner appears and the timeline moves forward/back a few seconds, then plays for one second, then the spinner appears, and... rinse/repeat indefinitely.

I have to exit the show I'm watching to stop the bug, but if I try to ff/rw again, it happens again. I've done everything from the move-channel hack to a system restart, but nothing changes this bug. Latest version of prime video and of Roku. Something is definitely wrong.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@squidbe

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
DougE

For a problem that's been around for several years, this shows the limits of community support, since obviously no one from Amazon Prime is reading this, and no one from Roku is telling Amazon about it either.

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

I found this link in 30 seconds. Prime Video - Amazon Customer Service. Now you can let Amazon know about your problem.

0 Kudos