Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Pepperpot

Re: All4 crashes on Roku Express

THIS WORKS!!! Thank you so much Philstollery. X

0 Kudos
KTS
Channel Surfer

Well done, @Philstollery! I hit on this method as well, but wasn't quick enough to post.

Hopefully that gives the developers some clue - the core app is working, it's just the home page that isn't.

Sorry to be pedantic - this is a workaround. Not sure we'll ever get a fix from Channel 4, but at least we have a way to get to the programmes.

Thanks for nothing, Roku!

0 Kudos
Saturn
Channel Surfer

I'm having the same issue on the Roku streaming stick 3810: theAll4 app crashes when it launches to the home screen. I found that if I quickly scroll down to categories, it stays open, but if I scroll back to the home page, it crashes. Also, if I log out of the App, it launches without crashing. Strikes me as maybe the login and sync process might be pulling too much on the ram/cpu of the Roku stick.

In my opinion, this is an issue for the app developer to resolve with Roku support, and it would be well worth Roku getting it sorted out because this is a very popular app.

Saturn
Channel Surfer

I found this too and you can also quickly scroll up to My4 and across to My List or History, just avoiding the "Watching" menu item. It seems that the currently watching content might be the problem because that appears on the home screen also. I aso found that the app doesn't crash on the home screen if logged out, and obviously there's no "currently watching" option if logged out.

0 Kudos
KTS
Channel Surfer

@Saturn , did you try logging in from the Home screen - what happens?

Obviously a pain to do every time, but would be good to know if it works.

0 Kudos
Saturn
Channel Surfer

Yes, unfortunately same issue, it crashes once logged in.

0 Kudos
Saturn
Channel Surfer

@KTSwbu, did you try it? Any resolution for you?

0 Kudos
BoatJess

I have the same problem since a couple of weeks ago with my Roku Express. All4 crashes upon opening. I've tried all the fixes suggested in this thread. If I can't sort it I'm going to replace it with another brand of device - All4 is my favourite channel and I really hope Roku will do something to sort this out.

0 Kudos
Saturn
Channel Surfer

Try the workaround by immediately scrolling down to categories for example and see how you get on.

As this is happening across devices, the only option is to get a non Roku device in my opinion or cast from the All4 mobile app to a Chromecast dongle.

0 Kudos
BoatJess

It really does work - thank you for persuading me to try it, I didn't believe something so simple would work, after having tried all the other things. Smiley Happy

0 Kudos