Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
claire11
Reel Rookie

Re: All 4 won't load & goes back to Roku homepage

Jump to solution

Thank you @Bristolbadger ! Annoying but at least we can use the app now

0 Kudos
VieraDuckworth
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @Bristolbadger and all!

I think I may have come across a solution...

I noticed that if I logged out from the All4 Roku app I could browse the HOME tab ok.  It was just when I was logged in that the HOME tab caused a return to the Roku home page if you paused on it and usually it has some entries of shows that I am currently "Watching...".  If I tried to get to my My4 tab above this it also restarted, unless I could get off "Watching..." entry and down to "My List" before it displayed any thumbnails. 

So I logged onto www.channel4.com on a web browser and deleted all the  "Watching..." entries.  When I restarted Roku and the All4 app and logged in again, I can now sit on the HOME tab without it crashing.

I've only watched one show so far and hasn't crashed yet, but whether it will start crashing again once my "Watching..." list fills up is another matter.  However I did notice in the web browser that some of the shows that I had watched were in a separate list marked as "no longer available" I wonder if it was trying to display something that no longer exists.

Hope this helps anyone else get functionality back, shout out if it works for you too!

claire11
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@VieraDuckworth YES this works! 

I just deleted the 1 show that was no longer available at the bottom of my watching list and...... success, no crashes and the home screen loads.

Thank you for working this out. 💜 

dwhitebsc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I'll confirm, the fix works.  Sign in via the web site, look for any items on your personal lists marked as no longer available and delete them (click edit, select items, click remove).

The item messing up Roku Express in my list is actually still searchable and available to watch on All 4.  There is obviously a bug in how the item is labelled in the list which Roku detects as an error and exits the All 4 to protect the device.

Jump to solution

Thank you for this…. It actually works!

Ive been getting frustrated as I have tried everything, but finally I tried you’re suggestion and it works.

Amazing, thanks.