Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blackbox2342
Channel Surfer

All4 Not Working

Jump to solution

The All4 channel is not currently working for me. If I click it and open it, it starts to open but before the All4 homepage displays I'm booted back to the Roku home screen. There's no error messages. Other channels are working, internet is fine and All4 on the TV itself works.

Tried removing and readding channel (when I did this I was able to log into All4 before getting booted back to Roku home screen).

Tried restarting Roku and still no dice.

Anyone else having similar issues or got any ideas?

Using a Roku Streaming Stick + (3810, 3811 series)  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
VieraDuckworth
Reel Rookie

Re: All 4 won't load & goes back to Roku homepage

Jump to solution

Hi @Bristolbadger and all!

I think I may have come across a solution...

I noticed that if I logged out from the All4 Roku app I could browse the HOME tab ok.  It was just when I was logged in that the HOME tab caused a return to the Roku home page if you paused on it and usually it has some entries of shows that I am currently "Watching...".  If I tried to get to my My4 tab above this it also restarted, unless I could get off "Watching..." entry and down to "My List" before it displayed any thumbnails. 

So I logged onto www.channel4.com on a web browser and deleted all the  "Watching..." entries.  When I restarted Roku and the All4 app and logged in again, I can now sit on the HOME tab without it crashing.

I've only watched one show so far and hasn't crashed yet, but whether it will start crashing again once my "Watching..." list fills up is another matter.  However I did notice in the web browser that some of the shows that I had watched were in a separate list marked as "no longer available" I wonder if it was trying to display something that no longer exists.

Hope this helps anyone else get functionality back, shout out if it works for you too!

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: All4 Not Working

Jump to solution

@blackbox2342 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more.

Does this clear up the issue you are seeing? Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Mand

All 4 won't load & goes back to Roku homepage

Jump to solution

I have the same problem. I've removed it, added it back on, restarted roku, done a factory reset & nothing works. The only thing that did which is time consuming. Is remove all4 add it back choose to browse, select show you want to watch then sign in. It will allow you to go back & select a different episode but if it's a different show. It sends you back to Roku homepage & you have to repeat the above. No error message ever when it sends you back to homepage. Can someone please look into this because I don't have this issue on my phone or computer with all4, thank you.

0 Kudos
Xanadu
Channel Surfer

...... All4 Not Working ......

Jump to solution

@blackbox2342 wrote:

The All4 channel is not currently working for me.

Anyone else having similar issues or got any ideas?

I'm having the same problem, too!

I've removed All4, restarted, readded and the problem is still there.

Viewers may have noticed that the UI - User Interface - was changed recently and the app' was updated on the 25th of February 2022 to Version: 5.0 b5, so this may be the cause of the problem.

I will try to send an email to Channel 4 and see what their response is.

Roku Express - 3930EU.
0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: All4 Not Working.................

Jump to solution

Hello @Mand @Xanadu

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused.

If the issue persists from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

Thank you for your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Xanadu
Channel Surfer

All 4 - Service Has Resumed

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hello @Mand @Xanadu

...if videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team...

The problem seems to have resolved itself for the time being. It was only a problem with that one channel, all the others played without any issues.

I did receive a standard generic email reply from Channel 4, which wasn't much help.

Thank you for your email regarding All 4.

We are sorry to read you are experiencing issues with All4 on Roku. However, we have provided you with a few troubleshooting steps below that you can try at home, which may get the service up and running again.

• Check for any updates on your device software
  • Please uninstall and reinstall the All4 app.
  • Power down your device, TV and Internet modem for 60 seconds.
  • Please use the remote that comes with your Roku box as we are aware of compatibility issues if using the remote app.

If this does not resolve your issue, please can you provide the answers to the questions I have provided below. This will try and help us find a resolution to the issue as quickly as possible.

• Is your Box/device fully up to date?
  • Are you using the latest version of the All4 app (Deleting and reinstalling this should ensure this)?
  • Who is your Internet Service Provider?
  • Have you followed all troubleshooting steps provided?

We apologise once again for the disruption to your service, and await your reply.

Thank you for taking the time to contact All 4.

Roku Express - 3930EU.
0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I've had the same problem and given up ages ago but today stumbled on a fix.

Open the all 4 channel and just before it crashes and sends you back to the homescreen you get a moment when it tries to load the all4 homescreen. NOW SCROLL LEFT AND SELECT ANYTHING ON THE MENU don't let it try and load the homescreen and I can watch anything as long as I prempt the loading. I can then view all content on all 4

Really hope this helps someone out! Gd luck 

Jump to solution

I've had the same problem and given up ages ago but today stumbled on a fix.

Open the all 4 channel and just before it crashes and sends you back to the homescreen you get a moment when it tries to load the all4 homescreen. NOW SCROLL LEFT AND SELECT ANYTHING ON THE MENU don't let it try and load the homescreen and I can watch anything as long as I prempt the loading. I can then view all content on all 4

Really hope this helps someone out! Gd luck 

VieraDuckworth
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi @Bristolbadger ,

Yep, we've come to the same conclusion, the home page is the issue, there is some thing on there our Roku Stick+ (SW Ver 11.00.0.4193) can't handle

Tried updating, removing, resetting and reinstalling but no joy.

Every time we launch all4 we start pressing down arrow till it gets off the home page then avoid it.

I was hoping whatever Channel 4 had put on there that disagreed with our stick would have been replaced by now but it seems to still be an issue after several months.

oldwhitelodge
Reel Rookie

Re: All4 Not Working on the Roku Box

Jump to solution

I have exactly the same issue in respect of ALL4+ which started two weeks ago. You can avoid it crashing back to the Home page by doing the same as suggested here.

However, I cannot access My ALL4 to see advert-free material.

I'm really annoyed.

0 Kudos