Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bonusbear
Reel Rookie

All my channels are crashing

Hello all, I just bought a Roku streambar and all the channels I would like to watch keeps crashing and sends me back to the Home Screen. I did a software update, factory reset, turned it off and on and nothing works. The local news channels work fine. Very irritated and annoyed. Any solutions would be awesome. 
thanks

channels I have that crash:

Netflix

ESPN

Paramount +

Peacock

Apple TV

Prime video

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Re: All my channels are crashing

Hello @Bonusbear

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

Please reply here with the serial number of your Roku Streambar. It can be found from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > About. Once we have the information needed, we'll forward your concern to our team who will assist you further.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Bonusbear
Reel Rookie

Thanks Kariza 

my Roku is finally up and running. I moved it to a room closer to my router and that seemed to help.  The Apple TV I have in the family room works well but I guess the Roku needs to be close to a router. 

Mine all seem to be doing the same thing, they all were working just fine and just out of the blue when I try to open any channel it just seems to stay on the channel title opening page and never opens to the movie guide

Bonusbear
Reel Rookie

Hi Pandagirlane18,

try moving the Roku closer to your router. That’s what I did and it seems to work. Seems like it needs to have a strong signal. 
hope this helps

0 Kudos
MorganThea

My issue is with my roku tv and its immediately next to the router. I have tried absolutely everything for 2 weeks now and im having to mirror my phone to the TV in order to watch prime video and now Netflix. This is really starting to get to my husband and I because there's several shows on prime right now we want to see but can't until we jump through some hoops. And netflix...we just wanna see if morbious is as bad as everyone said it was. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @MorganThea

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this issue has caused you.

Could you tell us more about the problem occurring? Do all of your channels crash back to the home screen? Any error codes or messages? Please provide us as well the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next.

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos