Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Redcat13
Reel Rookie

All channels have disappeared

Suddenly all the channels have disappeared and the only option being shown is the turn off tv. If I try to add a channel, eg hulu by using that button on my remote the installation fails. I restarted the streaming stick and now it is completely frozen. Any ideas what might have happened and what might unfreeze the stick?

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: All channels have disappeared

Hi @Redcat13,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running. To better understand the issue you are experiencing, can you please provide us with more detailed information about the issue you are experiencing? How are you powering your Roku device? Is the device plugged into the TV USB port or is it plugged into a wall outlet? Have you tried plugging the Roku device into a different HDMI port on your TV or a different TV, to test and isolate the issue? Have you already tried performing a factory reset on the device?

We would recommend disconnecting your wireless network, then rebooting your Roku device to see if your Roku device is experiencing the same issue. Once the device passes the freezing screen, try reconnecting your wireless network.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Redcat13
Reel Rookie

Thanks for all the ideas, Mary. Unfortunately none of them were successful in unfreezing my device. I’ve since read that others are having issues due to a rollout of a new upgrade - could this be the same problem?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Redcat13,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

We'll have a member of our Support team reach out to you via email, they will continue assisting you from there and provide a resolution to this issue.

If you need any additional help and we’ll follow up to continue assisting you.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos