Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robocelot
Channel Surfer

All apps on streambar crash

Hello, 

Every time I open an app on my Streambar it crashes after a few seconds, then takes me back to the home screen. I am then able to reopen the app without a problem. It happens with all apps. My connection is "excellent." I have done a system restart from the system menu but that did not remedy the problem. 

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6

Re: All apps on streambar crash

Same here must be an internal issue

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Robocelot,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that you are having issues accessing the channels on your Roku Streambar after powering it for the first time. We would recommend a factory reset of your Roku device to see if that helps with the issue you're experiencing. 

1. From the Settings menu
  2. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  3. Scroll down and select Settings.
  4. Select System.
  5. Choose Advanced system settings.
  6. Select Factory reset.

Feel free to visit this Support link for instructions on how to factory reset a device: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku® streaming device | Official Roku Support

Let us know if there's any difference after.

Warm Regards, 
Lianna

0 Kudos
Robocelot
Channel Surfer

Thanks for the info. If I do that, I will need to reinstall all the apps, right?

0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Hi @Robocelot,
Thanks for keeping in touch!
Yes. Once you factory reset your Roku Streambar you will be needing to set up and reinstall everything. A factory reset clears the majority of data from your Roku device and restores it to a factory default configuration. Specifically, the process will:

• Erase your personal preferences.
  • Unlink your device from your Roku account.
  • Reset all settings and return your device to a state ready for initial setup.

We hope it helps! Keep us posted if you need more help! 

Warm regards, 
Lianna

0 Kudos
JKTG
Channel Surfer

Try dropping the Roku System Display setting to a lower setting. I had Acorn crashing as you mention and had to drop from Samsung TV Roku default of 4K HDR10 at 60 fps (recommended) to 4K HDR at 60 fps. Evidently, HDR10 is a Samsung additional setting for enhanced brightness and contrast.

0 Kudos

Did you found the solution for it ? i am facing the same problem.

0 Kudos