Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
harri
Binge Watcher

After channel code, my internet service provider is not listed

I’ve been watching this channel for 5 weeks. Free on Roku. Today it asks for log in, provides code, code accepted. BUt next step choose service provider, my service provider is not listed. The channel is TV5MondePlus. The service provider is  Xfinity, whose streaming TV I do not usé though included in my plan because I have Roku. I.ve notified the channel. Can you get past this so I don’t have to login each time please?

0 Kudos
10 REPLIES 10
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: After channel code, my internet service provider is not listed

@harri I am confused.  You state your internet provider is not listed.  However it appears you can successfully login but keep getting logged out after each session.  (1)  Are you able to successfully login to the channel?  (2)  Once logged in does the channel work correctly?  (3)  Assuming the answers to (1) and (2) are yes, do you have to login again each time you access the channel?

0 Kudos
harri
Binge Watcher

I once logged in 5 weeks ago. I cannot login now because after I receive and enter code, I can’t choose an internet service provider.

0 Kudos
harri
Binge Watcher

Second time. No one from Roku answered. My internet service provider said it’s a Roku issue, and so far the channel has not answered.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

As far as I know, no channel asks for an Internet service provider, but only your TV provider (which is sometimes the same company.) 

I found this page:

https://usa.tv5monde.com/en/tv-guide/tv5mondeplus-is-now-on-roku-834962

Which says:

“We are in the process of expanding the availability of TV5MONDEplus throughout the US. TV5MONDEplus is currently offered through the following providers: Spectrum, Altice one, COX, Dish, Frontier, Hotwire Communications, LUS Fiber, Optimum and Sling TV. If you have an active account with any of these providers, you can enter your login information to access TV5MONDEplus. “

(Xfinity is missing.)

0 Kudos
harri
Binge Watcher

The channel seems to have changed its access. I have notified them and will continue to do so. I only have HDMI and I have an xfinity TV streaming account, but do not activate it, so even when I click on xfinity for TV5Monde ( which they say is required for PLUS) it just directs me to xfinity which has told me to go to Roku. How can roku say it streams free if it requires another subscribtion or activation?

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

This channel, in the channel store here:

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/999409cabc2a8e72abcf00832b354809/tv5mondeplus

Says: "CABLE OR SATELLITE SUBSCRIPTION REQUIRED"

Channels of that sort are "free" if you meet that requirement. (ie: "free" often really means "no additional cost".)

0 Kudos
harri
Binge Watcher

Of course. So the « expansion » excludes true cable cutters like me. Before it became so « available », I streamed it. But French TV streaming in US has been changing a lot in the past year, bundled, unbundled, so we’ll see how the channel answers my request now. Thank you in any case.

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Yeah, basically, a lot of channels are happily getting money every month from cable subscribers (via the cable company deals) so they are not interested in undercutting themselves by giving away the same content to people who aren't paying.

0 Kudos
harri
Binge Watcher

Access is supposed to be provided through TV5Monde, which my xfinity internet permits me to sign in on line-not through Roku. But trying to link the TV 5 Monde access with th the TV5MondePlus results in the same whacamole- code from TV accepted but xfinity not a choice. Even if this were put with just a few channels, I might subscribe. But no, Sling and Fubo are more channels I don’t want. And France for the US directed my card to a fraud sight so I had to change my card. Any ideas?

0 Kudos