Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sweetums22
Channel Surfer

Adult Empire App located elsewhere?

Anyone know how to get the Adult Empire/Sundial app now that Roku has gotten rid of it? Is there some back door?  Does it stream on the Fire Stick? Or am I just **bleep** out of luck to watch on the TV? 

Tags (1)
32 REPLIES 32
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Adult Empire App located elsewhere?

@Sweetums22 

I was tempted to respond with asking what their Website said, but when I looked at it, I saw incorrect information right off the bat, so I understand why you wouldn't trust what they say.

To correct what they said, Roku did not announce they were deleting all adult apps. Roku announced a change to the beta app process, requiring apps to complete a submission for certification (and that process includes indicating if the app is an adult app). Roku implemented a 120-day limit on beta (non-certified) apps. And 120 days after Roku announced that, all non-certified apps went away. Content didn't figure into it. It was the fact they were non-certified that caused removal. Yes, some of the apps were adult apps, but most were not.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Tags (1)
Connorlb14
Reel Rookie

#adultempire #adult empire

@DBDukes @Sweetums22 

So, are they gonna add it back? Are there any work arounds you have found until or if added back? Or am O going to have to stream it from my phone and cast it to the tv

CLBratton
0 Kudos
Sweetums22
Channel Surfer

There was only one app that was really affected on ours and that was that one. I understand that it wasn't directed specifically at "adult apps" but that is an app I would like to find elsewhere.  

Sweetums22
Channel Surfer

Adult Empire said for right now the only option is to stream from their website unfortunately and that's an option that doesn't really work for us.

DBDukes

@Connorlb14 

Dunno. None of the apps as is will be added, regardless of the app, because the developers didn't submit them. Since the developers didn't submit them, Roku isn't going to just treat them as submissions for certification. If the developers submit them, and if they pass Roku's certification requirements, then Roku will add them.

Any Android app can be either cast or mirrored to a TV via Chromecast, or to Roku (or any device that supports Chromecast) if there is an app on that platform. Casting often means launching an app on the target device. But if there was an app, you wouldn't be doing this.

AirPlay is an option. You can mirror to Apple TV or Roku if your browser supports AirPlay (say, on a Mac or iPhone/iPad).

I'm sure there are workarounds for other platforms. Best bet is to ask the content provider.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Sweetums22
Channel Surfer

Makes sense and no matter how much it sucks, I get it. But I'm trying to find out if its offered elsewhere.  If anyone knows if it's in the fire stick? Or something else other than just streaming from their website? 

DBDukes

@Sweetums22 

You can go to Amazon and search for the app. You don't actually need a Fire TV device to find apps, you can do that from Amazon's Website.

Having said that... I doubt it.

DBDukes

Connorlb14
Reel Rookie

Thanks so much for the info. If anybody happens to stumble across something similar let is know. 

CLBratton
0 Kudos
Connorlb14
Reel Rookie

Or at least something pretty dang close!

CLBratton
0 Kudos