Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DWHAPH

Ads glitch and jump back about 2 seconds and then continually loop the same 2 seconds. Help!

One show (BurnNotice) on Pluto TV does this.  To try to get beyond, I have to hit the home button and then go back in and try to fast forward to continue the show.  Many times it will force a whole new round of ads and then start looping again.

Does anyone know why this happens?

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Ads glitch and jump back about 2 seconds and then continually loop the same 2 seconds. Help!

@DWHAPH wrote:

Does anyone know what this happens?

Do you mean “why” this happens? 
It’s probably something to do with the BurnNotice servers.  You could probably just wait until they actually fix it.  Does this issue actually occur on that one channel though?

Also, what is the model number of your Roku device?  Should be found on either the bottom of the unit itself, or the bottom of the flap box packaging.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Ads glitch and jump back about 2 seconds and then continually loop the same 2 seconds. Help!

@DWHAPH wrote:

Does anyone know what this happens?

Do you mean “why” this happens? 
It’s probably something to do with the BurnNotice servers.  You could probably just wait until they actually fix it.  Does this issue actually occur on that one channel though?

Also, what is the model number and software version of your Roku device?  Should be found on either the bottom of the unit itself, or the bottom of the flap box packaging.  All current Roku devices run RokuOS Version 11.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
DWHAPH

Yes, meant "why this happens"

The model is 7Series-65

It should be noted that this only happens when the ads are playing.  There has been no issue with the show itself.

0 Kudos
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Probably an issue with the ad servers.

Perhaps @RokuTannerD, @RokuKariza-D or @RokuMary-F could explain to you more about this and help you.

~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@DWHAPH

Thanks for the post.

If you are experiencing an issue with commercials on the Pluto TV channel, you'll need to reach out to Pluto TV support for further assistance. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator