Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oklegends9

Adobe short media token is undefined

When attempting to watch WETV I get the error message “‘adobeshortmessagetoken’ is undefined”, and am unable to get beyond it. I’ve updated WETV, I’ve removed and reinstalled WETV, I have updated (ROKU), I’ve restarted my internet modem, I’ve tried a different internet connection, all with no resolution to the problem. Does anyone have other ideas for a fix?  Thank you!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Adobe short media token is undefined

Hi @oklegends9

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing WETV? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > reinstall), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Adobe short media token is undefined

This sort of error is usually the result of a tv provider authentication error. 

WeTV has some limited programming you can view without a tv provider account, but some is only available to users who are paying for WeTV as part of a subscription to a service (cable, satellite, etc) that carries it.  If you have not already logged into WeTV via your tv provider, you are prompted to go to wetv.com/activate and enter a code.  Then you choose your tv provider and log in there.

If you have a tv provider account and have previously authenticated WeTV with it, but get this error, try logging out of WeTV then back in again.

At the top of the WeTV home screen click on SETTINGS

Under Your account, click the "Sign Out" box.

Now click the "Sign In" box and follow the prompts to sign back in with your tv provider account.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos