Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Le_Mat
Channel Surfer

Adding or Removing Sources from the Live TV Feed

Is there a way to add (or remove) sources to (or from) the Live TV feed?  For example, I was able to install Freevee from the channel store, but I would like shows from Freevee to appear in the live feed.  Amazon Fire divides shows in the live feed according to the sources which can be added or removed therefrom.  I'm trying to set this up for someone who likes the feel of live TV and doesn't want to watch "recordings" (can't explain to him that there's really no difference).  The shows on Freevee are closer to a number of the shows he used to watch on Dish Network and getting those in the feed would greatly reduce the stress of this transition (from satellite to antenna and streaming).  p.s. I understand how to create a favorites list -- that's not what I'm asking...

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
BronzeCheetah
Channel Surfer

Re: Adding or Removing Sources from the Live TV Feed

I dont believe the Roku Live TV guide supports any 3rd party services.  Just what is included for Roku Live channels or if there is an external tv antenna connected it can show available over the air channels.

Edit: I also have a Fire Stick 4k and the newest Fire TV os now shows a little tv icon right in the homepage toolbar that will bring up the guide if that is easier for him.  

0 Kudos
Le_Mat
Channel Surfer

Re: Adding or Removing Sources from the Live TV Feed

Thank you--I will definitely give the fire TV channel guide a try with the antenna channels.  That might solve the problem.

0 Kudos