Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Adding Chanels to my online account but not showing up on my TV

Jump to solution

@NicholasStokes The 3500 is an older device (released March 2014, so approaching 9 years old), and many of the newer channels will not work on it. It is also being dropped to legacy status, meaning it will no longer receive Roku OS updates. Remotes are no longer available for it. Frankly, it's time to replace it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
ewsb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I have the same problem on new Roku TVs purchased last year. In addition, on 1 where I have been testing the guest mode, the guest mode deletes all apps/channels and you have to start from scratch which is a useless feature as you want to create a base case to use.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ewsb,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you are reaching out related to channels that are not showing on your Roku device that you added from the Roku channel store. 

We always suggest checking if the Roku account email is the same as the account that is on the Roku device by going to Settings > System > About. What Roku model device are you using? Which streaming channels are you trying to add?

For more information about how to add a channel, visit our Support page here: How to add apps to your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@ewsb You can't create a base of channels for guest mode.  Guest mode pre-selects a set of channels and then the guest can add more channels from the channel store.  When the guest mode time period expires all logins and channels added are deleted.  Good information here   https://support.roku.com/article/360015611254

0 Kudos
ewsb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Many thanks - as per your message that is exactly the issue. The Guest Mode is selecting NO channels and only presents a blank slate, not even a basic slate.

Separately as noted, the ability to create a base slate would be very valuable. Unfortunately without that, I will remove all the Roku TVs I have unfortunately as it makes the system impossible to use for guests. (ie they have to add every single channel they want including the basics such as Netflix)

0 Kudos
ewsb
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Many thanks - I will check the email accounts to confirm. I am using on various Roku platforms. Roku TVs, Westinghouse Roku TVs, Roku firestick etc

0 Kudos
Noremon

Jump to solution

I encountered this issue today when I added Channels in-browser while my Roku was still updating and Channels would show as installed if I searched them in add Channels but not on Home. I ended-up removing them in-browser, system update, restarted the system, then added them back. They did show this time. Adding this to this old post because this post showed first when I was looking about my issue.

0 Kudos