Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CSCanada

Adding Canadian Channels such as Global News and CTV

I have two Roku Devices.   The first one I setup in the USA,  which setup and works just fine.   My second device I am trying to get working in Canada. 

I have setup a separate account to use in Canada,  however when I go through the setup process I only see USA based Cable subscribers and there are no Canadian Roku Channels available in the store.

I have done a factory reset to make sure I didn’t answer anything wrong and I have logged out/in to my Roku account with the Canadian account.

I do have a cable subscription service in Canada and want to be able to stream the channels available to me as well as access “free” Canadian services.

Thanks,

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuNimfa-C
Retired Moderator

Re: Adding Canadian Channels such as Global News and CTV

Hi @CSCanada

Welcome to the Roku Community. 

If channels in your region are not available, it may indicate that your device is linked to an account that was created in a different region where that channel may not be offered by the channel provider. You'll want to make sure that you are using an internet connection located in the correct region when creating your account. You can check your IP address' reported location by visiting www.whatismyip.com - If you see an issue, you'll need to contact your ISP to help resolve any issue.

We would recommend creating a new Roku account in your region. For more information about how to create a new account, visit our Support page here: How do I create a Roku® account? Once your new account is set up, try to perform a factory reset on your device and link it to your new account.

Keep us posted on how it goes. 

Regards, 
Nimfa

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.