Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Michelle3
Roku Guru

Re: Add GAC Family to available channels

@Oldfield  I’m guessing they either removed the GAC channel from the Frndly TV channel, or it’s not available in your area.

~ Jordan

I’m into videotapes and old electronics stuff, including extenders, converters and analog 4:3 TV sets (which are obsolete these days), and Miss Bianca is my favorite character in Disney’s The Rescuers (1977) and its sequel, The Rescuers Down Under (1990). I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you. ~ Jordan

Roku Express+ 3910X
0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

@Oldfield 

From their homepage (https://try.frndlytv.com/), near bottom of page where it lists all their channels, Frndly indicates both GAC Family and GAC Living as part of the 40 channel package.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Pamoakes74

Please add the availability for the GAC family to Roku or a stand alone app. With the holidays coming got to watch the Christmas show and my favorite actor's.  Please make this old woman happy 😊 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@Pamoakes74 wrote:

Please add the availability for the GAC family to Roku or a stand alone app. With the holidays coming got to watch the Christmas show and my favorite actor's.  Please make this old woman happy 😊 

It's really up to the service to offer an app. Roku doesn't build the apps, just like Apple, Amazon, and Google don't build the apps on their platforms.

However, there is good news. Well, mostly good news. The service you're looking for is part of the Frndly TV subscription service. It's $7/month and has over 40 family friendly channels. It's one of the best family friendly and lowest priced subscriptions services, and there is a Roku app.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos

how do  add this to my roku choices?

0 Kudos
ThoMacy
Channel Surfer

I added Frndly tv to my ROKU. There's a cost, but I get GAC plus Hallmark and a lot more with Frndly.

DBDukes

@gramcookie8 wrote:

how do  add this to my roku choices?

First, let's make sure you're talking about a Roku device (box, stick, or Roku TV) and not Roku Channel on an Amazon Fire TV device. If you have an actual Roku device, you should be able to find Frndly TV in the channel store. Add it. It's that simple.

It's $7/month and you can pay Frndly TV directly if you like. They have a 7-day free trial if you want to check it out first.

DBDukes
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos