Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mjl1297
Channel Surfer

AcornTV channel not showing on Roku Ultra home screen...

I installed the AcornTV channel on my Roku Ultra earlier today. I am not having any issues with playback but for some odd reason even though the channel shows as installed in my Roju account on the website, the channel's icon does not display on my Roku Ultra's home screen forcing me to search for AcornTV and launch it from the "Go to channel" option.

Can anyone suggest what is going on here and how I can get the channel icon to display on the home screen like it should? Many thanks!

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
mjl1297
Channel Surfer

Re: AcornTV channel not showing on Roku Ultra home screen...

Never mind as I've answered my own query.

I restarted the box and when it came back up the AcornTV channel was displaying. Usually that isn't necessary but occasionally it is I suppose.

AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: AcornTV channel not showing on Roku Ultra home screen...

@mjl1297 

In addition to the System Restart of the Roku device, I have found that sometimes I need to perform a manual system update (Settings/System/System or Software Update) followed by a System Restart if a channel/app won't show up on a linked device.

The manual system update will check for updates to the OS as well as update the account's channels/apps.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

0 Kudos