Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jimmyp11
Reel Rookie

Acorn Tv not allowing me to watch

I get the following message when go ton start a show on Acorn 

Roku Billing 

You have already subscribed to Acorn TV via Roku. Please use the credentials you used when you subscribed to Sign in. 2500-000000-607. 

I had been using Acorn fine , when I was asked to subscribe again, so I did, now I get the above error message and can’t figure out how to do anything.

24 REPLIES 24
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Acorn Tv not allowing me to watch

Hi @jimmyp11,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Could you please verify if the issue you are running into is when you're accessing Acorn TV standalone or through The Roku channel?

Please be noted that existing subscriptions from The Roku channel cannot be used to view premium content on a Standalone channel or directly from the publisher.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PBFloyd55
Reel Rookie

I am having the same issue just after I renewed my subscription.  I am accessing Acorn TV through The Roku channel.

jimmyp11
Reel Rookie

Acorn tv fixed the problem for me. I did contact them directly 

0 Kudos
pbfloyd551

Glad the Acorn TV fixed your problem.  I am having the same issue and contacted them.  So far they have not responded.   Do you know how they resolved the issue?

0 Kudos
jimmyp11
Reel Rookie

They suggested that I cancel my subscription on Roku and restart on their web site. Cancelled my subscription (time left to 12/11). Went to Roku web site and was already enrolled in Roku. Good to go?? They did indicate some software fix at their end. Not really sure what is going on, but Acorn is working just fine at present.

PBFloyd55
Reel Rookie

That worked.   Because of you our family can watch their favorite programs on Acorn.   We appreciate your assistance.  I did place a ticket with RoKu 24 hours ago and they have yet to respond.

0 Kudos
TonyRK4
Reel Rookie

I have the same problem. I've contacted them and they have no record of a subscription under my email address. I'm using the standalone Acorn TV app.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hello @TonyRK4

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us more about your concern? Do you receive an error code or message? What are the troubleshooting steps you've tried? Please let us know so we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TonyRK4
Reel Rookie

Are you saying you are now paying two subscriptions? One through Acorn TV and the other through roku? You cancelled the roku sub but was still charged. Then signed up at Acorn TV site. I don't understand how paying two subscriptions solved the original problem?

0 Kudos