Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonesgroup
Channel Surfer

Re: Acorn TV lost my Recently Watched, doesn't keep track of watch progress

Jump to solution

Hello,

I reported the issue to Acorn about 9:30 this morning.  Perhaps coincidentally, I went back to the Acorn app on Roku at 10:30 and everything was fixed.  I was curious if other folks had also seen their problem resolved, so please update when you have a chance.  But in the meantime, hurrah!

Regards,

Jonesgroup

0 Kudos
TheRealEJ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Yes, fixed. Working on the Roku Ultra and Nvidia Shield TV. What isn't working is removing a show from Recently Watched. (Have tried to do that repeatedly after  bingeing the five seasons of Line of Duty). Anyway, I guess the fix required intervention from The JonesGroup! Thank you, and happy streaming.

0 Kudos
davidjazz
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Mine is good as well. OK, back to "Brokenwood."

0 Kudos
irishkhan
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

"Recently Watched" shows back up on screen but is still not working correctly.  It will not remove a title from the Recently Watched List.  It erases all my red progress bars.  Its not saving my place on a new episode I started to watch.  No option to "resume" or "start from beginning" like before and it went back to 0.00 Season 1 Episode 1.  Autoplay has been kicking me out to Roku homepage when 15 seconds are up. Both on Roku device and Android 6.0  Ive uninstalled, restarted, reinstalled, checked for updates, even rebooted my modem & router.  Speed & wifi signal are fine.  This is making me really mad. 

0 Kudos
TheRealEJ
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Frustrating yes, but the problem is not your network. JonesGroup had success reporting an issue directly to Acorn, and I am grateful the problem was fixed in part. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Houser
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I am having this problem as well. It is remembering my recently watched, but it is not tracking my progress. I have to fast forward to the spot I was last at every single time. It is driving me crazy! Can someone plz help? 

0 Kudos
Streamer317
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@Houser  Please read Danny's reply right above yours. 

0 Kudos
MouseB

Jump to solution

Mine has been a problem for a couple of weeks, and nothing I try fixes it.  It’s very annoying.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hi @MouseB

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern? How are you accessing the channel? Is it through The Roku Channel or the standalone Acorn TV? Please provide us as well the troubleshooting you've tried so we know what steps we should take next.

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos