Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JoSaySo
Reel Rookie

Re: Acorn TV crashes back to Home Screen

Jump to solution

Yes. We’ve watched 2 ‘miss fischer’ shows and  NO drop out!  I Changed my 4k settings to MANUEL SETTINGS: 4kHDR 60fps TV setting. It works. I don’t know what I did or what other settings will work. 
What’s odd, Acorn cannot tell you this.

0 Kudos
JoSaySo
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ditto. Same complaint. Acorn help is useless. Roku … nothing resolve.  Like you, we have a Samsung tv and a Roku sound bar.  When I contacted Acorn, they want so much info, and they have no idea. Then they want video of it crashing. Nothing. Then Roku gives you the ‘standard’ answers. I laugh. 
bUT….. someone said change your Roku settings. Hmmmm. We did. And it fixed it… so far. So it’s a Roku bar, Acorn mismatch with Acorn programs.  
THIS WORKS ON OURS:   Roku settings, DISPLAY SETTINGS, 4K HDR 60fps TV.

0 Kudos
woody7

Jump to solution

Roku and Acorn help seems like they refuse to acknowledge the problem which was initiated with latest roku software update.  Degrading to 1080p solves the problem but is only a work around.  Roku engineers need to talk to Acorn engineers and FIX THE PROBLEM! To get maximum functionality out of the roku device.  The only thing users can do is use a work around which degrades picture quality on newer sets

RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @woody7

Welcome to the Roku Community!

If Acorn TV keeps crashing back to the Home Screen on your Roku device, there are a few things you can try to troubleshoot the issue:

• Check to see if there are any updates available for the Acorn TV app. To do this, navigate to the Acorn TV app on your Roku device, press the * button on your remote, and select "Check for updates". If an update is available, install it and see if the issue is resolved.
  • Uninstall and reinstall the Acorn TV app. We suggest starting there. In some cases, removing the affected channel and then re-installing it may help. Restart your device before re-adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. We recommend doing this through the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If there is no Power submenu, proceed to the next step.) > System restart.
  • Clear the cache and data for the Acorn TV app. To do this, go to "Settings" on your Roku device, select "System", then "Advanced system settings", then "Network connection reset", and finally "Reset connection". After the Roku device restarts, reinstall the Acorn TV app and see if the issue is resolved.
  • Check your internet connection. If your internet connection is slow or intermittent, it could cause the Acorn TV app to crash. Try resetting your router or contacting your internet service provider to troubleshoot any connectivity issues.

We hope it helps!

Warm regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
owlshade
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi JoSaySo,

Change the ROKU setting Display Type from Automatic to 1080P.

Programs from outside the US or Canada often crash when Display Type is Automatic. This affects Acorn, tested it today, and possibly others such as BritBox and similar providers.

samhna16

Jump to solution

There IS no "Remove Channel", only "Restart Channel". The only thing it will let you do is Cancel Subscription. Via Roku or Roku on the web, you can't remove the channel without cancelling the subscrption and restarting it.

However, the solution of switching OFF of 4KHDR10 and using 4K HDR 1080p worked immediately and is still running just fine, 20 minutes later.

Dcb1234
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Ridiculous that changing the resolution from auto to something else fixes the problem but it did.

Changed from Auto to  4k Dolby vision hdr and acorn is now working. 

0 Kudos
KMW
Binge Watcher

Re: Acorn TV has 3 different tiles...

Jump to solution

Roku needs to Pay Me for the hours spent trying to find out what the heck is going on with ACORN tv and the "Mysteries of the 2 Tiles." I have tried 3 times over the past 2 years to get Murdoch Mysteries through either Acorn TV or Roku. Countless hours trying to figure out with and without Customer Service Help for either platform has been Useless. BBB complaints (2) does not help. All I know is that in 2009 ACORN was sued the United States Government, and in 2010 filed for bankruptcy. After the dissolution of ACORN in the US, some chapters continued operations by setting up new organization. AMC purchased Acorn in 2018 for $65M You can look up the further details. So, who knows? It appears Roku is not a part of Acorn but can be purchased through Roku Pay. AMC still owns Acorn TV today. All I know is that I go through Roku to get Acorn and the customer service is useless. I call Acorn, it says contact Roku. Roku just wants your money, as the episodes shown are deleted shortly after it gets paid. As of about 2 months ago, there are 2 Tiles that come up saying 'ACORN TV" upon separate install - one is light grey and the other is black - with ACORN TV on each. Then there is the additional white Roku Tile, which also has Acorn TV. When you go there, it says the same thing, only with episodes - YOU WHERE JUST WATCHING - deleted. Of course, AMC is nowhere to be found.

0 Kudos
LeslieS
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Acorn channel crashes back to Home Screen on my Roku device.  I tried to follow the directions above, BUT I do not see a Remove Channel option.  Here's what I see when I hover over the Acorn tile and press the * key: Version 4.11 build 221020

My rating; Move channel; Manage subscription; Check for updates; Give us feedback; and Close.  When I press Manage subscription, the only thing that appears is Your subscription auto-renews on June ...  There is an option to turn off auto-renew and then a Close option.

How do I remove this channel so I can follow your instructions to reload it and see if I can get it to work?? 

By the way, I did check and Acorn was updated.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @LeslieS,

Thanks for posting here in the Roku Community!

We appreciate you for sharing your experience, and we'd like to see how we can assist and sort things out. Are you trying to access Acorn TV through the stand-alone channel or through The Roku Channel? In addition to that, when did you first notice this issue occurs?

With more detailed information, the better we can assist.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos