Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LadyBadger

Re: Acorn TV crashes back to Home Screen

Jump to solution

I have tried everything suggested and finally this worked.  Just change the display setting and all is good!  Thanks JKTG!

perezjj2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The best solution for now is to change Roku Settings for Display Type to something other than Automatic 4k HDR. The Acorn Channel will work fine. When Roku released 11.5 Update that is when my problems with Acorn started.

Jump to solution

Same problem. Only Acorn, only started 2 days ago, only on Roku not on my iPad, Fire stick, or Xbox using Acorn app.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@CrazyCrayon

Thanks for the post.

Community users in this thread have reported that changing the Display setting resolved their issue, have you already tried this troubleshooting step to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CarlyOne

Jump to solution

On your  Roku Home Screen go to SETTINGS. DISPLAY TYPE. I have a Samsung Smart TV with 4K capabilities and recently I changed the TYPE to 4K. Upon reading the other answers I went in and changed DISPLAY TYPE back to 1080p TV and this ended the AcornTV crashing back to Home Screen issue!  Good luck!!

0 Kudos
SandiMacD

Jump to solution

We began experiencing the exact same thing last week. Twice, I have deleted acorn app, powered off Roku and restarted it and added the acorn app back. Didn't help. We have a Samsung Q80 series and Roku ultra. I didn't make any setting changes on either device. 

Giving up on this and cancelling my Acorn subscription which is due to renew next week. Not worth my time to problem solve an issue that's not my doing. It's an app-system-device problem for Acorn and Roku to figure out who did what to cause the app to crash and get it resolved if either company is interested in retaining subscribers. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi  @SandiMacD

Welcome to the Roku Community!

To ensure the process of removing and re-adding the Acorn TV channel is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. from the Settings menu by navigating to  Settings > System > System restart > Restart. However, if it still has no dice and the issue is only with the channel alone, this is a good indication that there is likely an issue within that specific channel that will need to be addressed with an update from the channel publisher. Channels on Roku are created and maintained by each channel publisher. In this case, you'll want to reach out to Acorn TV support directly to share your feedback.

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
jpstuff

Jump to solution

Had the same Acorn issue (channel exit to Home after about 15 seconds). Solved it by switching Roku’s video output from Automatic to 4K Dolby Vision HDR. This allows the highest video output from Roku to be controlled by the display. EQ Details= Roku Ultra/LG OLED C2 (all devices have latest OS. 

Jump to solution

I am having similar problems on one of my TVs but not the second.  I am using identical Roku Streaming Stick 4K on Samsung TVs.  On one, my Acorn reverts back to main sign in screen after a minute but will stream without issue on the second Streaming Stick.  It is somewhat intermittent but mostly will not let me stream a program.   

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Trvrgoldberg,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Apologies for the inconvenience. We would like to know what went wrong so we can assist you further and fix the issue. I have a few questions to better understand the behavior you are seeing:

1. When did this issue first start occurring?
  2. Could you please verify if the issue you are running into is when you're accessing the content of Acorn TV standalone or through The Roku channel?
  3. Do you observe this behavior while using any other channel(s) on your device?
  4. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
  5. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos