Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
suebeedoo
Reel Rookie

Acorn TV App Position Battle

Does Roku just hate that I am subscribed directly to Acorn TV? Every time I move the Acorn app to the top of my apps list, ROKU daily drops it to the bottom. No other app has this issue. Geez Louise.

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Acorn TV App Position Battle

Is someone removing the channel from any device linked to your Roku account and then adding it again?  That would do it.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
suebeedoo
Reel Rookie

No.  I am the only user.  I have Roku on 3 TVs in my apartment and in my office at work.  I have gone to the trouble of doing system restarts and resetting the location of Acorn on all of the devices to the top.  Every day, invariably, it drops to the bottom after what looks like some refresh of Roku.  None of the other applications I have move (except to replace the hole that Acorn left when it went to the bottom).  Everything else stays in place.  I don't get it.  This started when I dropped Acorn TV through ROKU due to the Ads and shows missing and went straight to Acorn TV for subscription.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

@suebeedoo  -

(I 💕 your username, by the way)

I've had Acorn (subscribed directly with Acorn) on all 3 of my Roku installations for at least 3 years but I've never seen this happen.  We pay annually to get a reduced rate, but that seems unlikely to affect this.

I don't expect this to help, but the only thing I can think of for you to try is signing out of your Acorn account then signing back in.  On Acorn's home screen press the * key on your Roku remote then click on "Sign out".  Now repeat and click "Already a subscriber? Log in" and sign in with your Acorn credentials.

Meanwhile you can easily go straight to the bottom of the Roku home page channel grid by scrolling UP.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos