Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tyforyourhelp11
Channel Surfer

Accuradio has stopped working

Accuradio will no longer even open on any of my roku devices.  The accuradio website says that it supports roku still though.  I know this happened almost a year ago and that it eventually came back after a week or so.  The app has been pretty slow for a month or two.   I hope that roku could update it, since the version is from like 2016.  It's a good and easy to use radio service otherwise.  Especially for classical music.  Please get it working Roku!

18 REPLIES 18
RCER009
Channel Surfer

Re: Accuradio has stopped working

KCB1 - I do NOT have a Roku TV, but a simple entry level ROKU device. Yesterday, my ACCURADIO selection stopped working. Checked for updates: none available. Doesn't work today either.

Sorry to hear about your problems. But, I don't know if my issue is related to yours.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @tyforyourhelp11

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on Accuradio or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Landosmom

I am having the exact same problem the original poster has, Accu radio stopped working several days ago on my Roku device and all of Roku’s recommendations to trouble shoot a channel not playing have been tried several times and are not helping. All my other channels are fine. There is something wrong with the Accuradio channel itself. Could you please check and see if there is an outage? As the original poster said, it is the best classical music channel on Roku. And I cannot find a replacement for it. Please help get Accuradio working again thank you!

0 Kudos
tyforyourhelp11
Channel Surfer

Yes, I deleted the app, restarted the roku, and added the app back.  It still won't open.  It starts to load, and then quits and goes back to home screen.  This is happening on multiple rokus in my home.  

Ava2
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue, Accuradio just reverts back to the Roku home screen.  I sent an email to Accuradio, and no response.  This issue is with both of my Roku devices.  I have uninstalled and installed 3 times and the same issue occurs.  

Tanny
Channel Surfer

I'm having the same issue as reported by others.   Have tried reinstalling app, and restarting Roku.  

This same thing seems to have happened a year ago, and been resolved after some period of time.  So there's hope.

Imho, AccuRadio is the best music streaming service by far.  Sure, you can't create playlists, but they have SO MANY great playlists you don't need to create your own.  And it's FREE!  

Have tried both Amazon and Spotify, both were inferior.  Spotify deleted all my playlists, Amazon streams die all the time.

With the exception of this event, so far we've had perfect service on AccuRadio.  

ecomuse
Reel Rookie

Accuradio has stopped working on my Roku as well. Kept hoping it was temporary. I just went through the steps recommended by Kariza - Roku employee, but still no go. Help!

RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post.

If removing the channel, restarting the device, then adding the channel does not resolve the issue, 

you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Mavro

Same issue here. Reinstalled several times and doesn't work.

0 Kudos