Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PatBrandon
Binge Watcher

Re: Accidetally Hit Don't ask again for this channel Option

Jump to solution

@Ello2022Thanks a bunch. I thought as much. I'll just have to remind everyone to set the Roku to Home when they are finished watching. I don't want to do a Factory Reset until I absolutely have to.

Just kinda weird that you can't undo the "Don't ask for this channel again" option.

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@PatBrandon  Your welcome. A factory reset isn’t that big of a deal. Will take about 15-20 minutes. But even if you do a factory reset it doesn’t mean it’s not going to happen again

PatBrandon
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Ello2022Will I have to reenter all the user names and passwords for all the channels again? I hate doing a factory reset on my smartphones because it takes a long time to set them up the way I like. Is Roku factory reset as involved, or is it easier?

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@PatBrandon  Yes you will have to re enter all user names and passwords into each channel. It’s up to you. But I honestly don’t even think it’s that big of a deal. By the way I own 3 TCL Roku TVs. They have a sleep time function. 

https://support.roku.com/article/360037935214

PatBrandon
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@AvsGunnarThanks. That is very useful information to have. Hopefully it can help others that have had this happen. Kinda strange that there isn't just a trigger you can turn on or off for this feature. Maybe Roku will see this and make one. If I put @Roku maybe they will see this post?

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@PatBrandon  what feature are you exactly talking about? A Roku TV is a streaming TV. It’s not like a regular TV. There’s a lot of people out there that have data caps on their Internet. In order to not go over your data cap that is why the Roku has a built-in bandwidth saver. But whether it’s a Roku TV, a fire TV for a Chromecast it’s always best to go back to your home screen when you were done streaming. It’s just something to get used to when you’re using a Roku TV for a Roku device

0 Kudos
PatBrandon
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Ello2022The feature I'm referring to is when a small thing pops up on the lower left corner that warns that in 30 seconds Hulu will stop, and a clock like thing starts winding down towards zero. If you go right before it times out, it says "Don't ask for this channel again"

The solution for me is to always go to Home before I leave. And the big trick is to get the kids to do it too.

But like I mentioned it's strange that there isn't an easy way to trigger that option off and on.

0 Kudos