Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kathy13
Reel Rookie

AMC+ through ROKU - can't login

I have AMC+ through Roku and can't login - it wants a password and won't accept my Roku password. I've been through this with AMC and they confirm the subscription is through ROKU and not AMC. ROKU app/site is absolutely not helpful trying to resolve this but they manage to charge my account every month for the AMC subscription. Any ideas on what magic needs to be performed to get into my AMC through Roku channel?

0 Kudos
6 REPLIES 6
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: AMC+ through ROKU - can't login

Do you have an AMC+ tile on your Roku Home Screen?  Does it allow you to watch anything?

Usually the premium services available through The Roku Channel are separate from the standalone channel/app of the same name.  You may be able to watch in one place but not the other.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Kathy13
Reel Rookie

I do have the AMC tile on my Roku home screen - I can't watch anything on AMC but have no issues with any of my other channels 

0 Kudos
renojim

I do notice in the Channel Store there's an AMC and an AMC+ channel.  AMC requires a cable/satellite subscription while AMC+ does not, but requires its own subscription.  Do you have both on your Home Screen?

AMC+:  https://channelstore.roku.com/details/1298ab3dcbf327d1ca6946aecd5ea90f/amc

AMC:  https://channelstore.roku.com/details/efff1ed47ffb7a11bfc5cb527f9b74de/amc

0 Kudos
Kathy13
Reel Rookie

One tile for the AMC plus that I subscribe to and that Roku reliably charges me for every month 

0 Kudos
renojim

@Kathy13, we need to step back a second.  Going back through this thread it's still not clear if you've tried accessing AMC+ through The Roku Channel and not through the AMC+ tile/icon on your Roku Home Screen.  You mentioned "through Roku channel" in your first post which I read as through The Roku Channel, but maybe what you really meant was through the AMC+ Roku channel on your Home Screen (I know it's confusing).  You should have a "Roku Channel" tile/icon on your Home Screen.  Try launching that and then accessing AMC+ .  I don't have any premium subscriptions through The Roku Channel, so I can't really say where you'd find AMC+, but it's in there somewhere.

0 Kudos
Kathy13
Reel Rookie

I have always launched through the AMC+ tile associated with my subscription. It is not the Roku specific AMC+ tile 

I did chat with Roku customer service tonight which was extraordinarily unhelpful. They had me unsubscribe and resubscribe and then told me it was now an AMC issue and to contact them. Then said to reset my tv to factory settings and lose all my accounts. Now I have 3 subscriptions to the same channel, none of which I can access because they all tell me I have an active account and to login with that account. All this for a password. I've reached out to AMC as well and they have confirmed multiple times this is a Roku issue. I am beyond frustrated and now have a bigger mess than I started with. 

0 Kudos