Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cbarbagallo
Streaming Star

AMC+ "Continue Watching" Option?

I am sure that I am missing something basic.  But the AMC+ app doesn't seem to have any "continue watching" options.  What am I missing?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
18 REPLIES 18
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: AMC+ "Continue Watching" Option?

Hello @cbarbagallo

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

For more information about that channel's features and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
cbarbagallo
Streaming Star

Thanks.  But I was hoping a community member might mention if it works for them.  It might be a case of PEBKAC for me.......................

0 Kudos
RSouth

I’d also like to know if others are having this same issue with AMC+ on Roku. There was a “continue watching” or “up next” or whatever it was called feature available on the app and then it disappeared.  It’s also gone from iPhone and iPad versions of the app as well. 

I’ve updated all the apps so it’s not a version issue  

The old feature was itself problematic. It would show the last episode you watched but never advanced to the next one. Now there’s nothing. 

Of course this is a feature that’s standard on almost every other streaming app so not having it is really poor. 

Irony58
Streaming Star

Same problem here. I can't seem to find a "Continue Watching" list. Also, when I am able to find the show (they don't make it easy), it doesn't keep track of the episodes I've already watched. And, for even more fun, when I get to the list of episodes (again - without any indication of watched status), the description of the episodes are in pretty small text, so I have to get up to see if I recognize each episode.

I'm going to look for the AMC+ support or maybe a forum like this one. They need to hire better User Experience developers.

RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Irony58,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having a problem with the subtitles on your TV since it's very small. Help is here. Please follow these steps:

1. Press Home on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll and select Settings.
  3. To open the Style menu, select Accessibility and then Caption Style. If Accessibility is not listed, select Captions.
  4. Adjust each style element. A preview appears with an example of the changes.
    • Text: style (font) / edge effect/size/color/opacity
    • Background: color or opacity
    • Window: color or opacity

If the problem still persists, please keep us posted.

All the best,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
dzan651

This reply does not even answer the question in this tread remotely. Now how can I see what episodes I have and haven’t watched?

Irony58
Streaming Star

RokuJohnB, no my problem has nothing to do with subtitles. The text I wrote about was a side comment about AMC+'s text size in their descriptions of episodes.

The main question is about a problem I also have - AMC+ on Roku doesn't keep consistent track of already watched episodes.

This seems as if Roku's got some kind of auto-reply system that keyed on the word "text".

0 Kudos
JJ6774
Reel Rookie

Anyone get any resolution on this? I don't have continue watching on any electronic I use the app on. TV, phone, laptop. I've updated the apps so that is obviously not the issue. 

0 Kudos
edroksense
Roku Guru

@cbarbagallo 

The "continue watching"  thing occurs only if you unfinished watching a series of episodes. 

Like other apps if you finished a VOD , you will not see "next" or "continue watching" but tiles of titles to choose from.

0 Kudos