Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ramcal

AMC Plus will not open a program

Jump to solution

I just subscribed to AMC Plus. The program will open on one TV. It will open on another TV but will not start a program. The AMC Plus suite and the Roku site they should support 5 TV's at the same time in the same house. The program seems to be not working.  I purchased this program so the family could watch different shows or the same shows on their own TV at the same time.  If this is an issue, maybe this should be addressed.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: AMC+ will not open a program

Jump to solution

@ramcal

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's functionality, you'll want to contact AMC+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach AMC+ support here: http://support.amcplus.com/en/support/home

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@ramcal

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's functionality, you'll want to contact AMC+ support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach AMC+ support here: http://support.amcplus.com/en/support/home

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
arual
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku should kick off AMC+ from Roku as a bad partner. AMC+ is advertising  can use subscription to watch via AMC+ App on Roku but is does not work, many complaints in forums, AMC+ does not respond to customer service issues. People are buying so can use via convenience of Roku. What a waste. 

0 Kudos
waltinvt

Jump to solution

We have 5 Roku set up in our family.

I subscribe to many channels through Roku.

I pay Roku and therefore don't expect to get sluffed off when I have a problem with Roku!

I was able to subscribe, load & watch AMC+ on our living room Roku but my bedroom Roku only lists AMC, not AMC+ in streaming channels.

Apparently bedroom Roku only offers AMC+ via the "roku" channel but when I try to access, it says I already subscribe to it on another channel and I should cancel that first.

THEY'RE BOTH ROKU!! and Roku is who I pay. Roku knows I subbed to AMC+ on my living room roku and it takes my money every month but the Roku in my bedroom apparently doesn't know this. It appears to be a Roku problem.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@waltinvt-

What are the two Roku models in living room and bedroom?   Check Settings > System > About on each.

It's not readily apparent to most that each channel provider adapts its app to run on the Roku operating system, provides it to Roku, and maintains it. The only channels that Roku maintains are their own The Roku Channel, the Roku Media Player, and several Roku information channels. For everything else, Roku just provides the platform on which they run.

Each channel developer decides which Roku models they choose to support.  The more older devices they maintain support for, the more complicated their coding becomes so many developers choose not to support devices more than a few years old.  This is not Roku's choice, it is the channel's choice.  The Streaming Channels on any Roku will not show channels that are incompatible with that model.

Many channel operators openly provide information as to which Roku models they support.  I have been unable to find this information on the AMC+ website.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos