Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABC is not listed on the Roku live TV menu. How do I add it.

I have added ABC to my listings but it does not show up on the Roku live TV menu and therefore I can not mark it as a favorite.

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

Re: ABC is not listed on the Roku live TV menu. How do I add it.

@Newuserat144 

The Roku Channel LiveTV is a seperate entity.  It includes a compiled collection of channels that is either leased or provided to them.  ABC is currently not included in the Roku Channel Live TV offerings.  ABC News used to be in the guide, but was removed about a month or so ago.

Adding standalone channels/apps from the Roku Channel Store (ie. adding channels/apps to your Roku device Home Screen) will have no affect on the Roku Channel Live TV.

-----

In order to watch ABC "live", just launch the ABC channel/app you installed and go ABC's LiveTV guide.  Keep in mind that the Live TV offered is usually not the same as "live" you would receive on antenna/OTA (or when you watched your locals on cable TV.)  The LiveTV in streaming is generally just continuous content from a network's library, or a repeated showing of that days news if watching a Live TV news programming (ie. ABC News).  All depends on the channel/app.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102