Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kbhirvin11

ABC channel is constantly buffering

I watch ABC often and all of a sudden, the channel is stuck on a show that aired earlier today and then it starts buffering. You cannot watch what’s on the program at this moment. I’ve tried rebooting server, making sure Roku is updated and restarting tv. Nothing works!  Any ideas?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
cborler
Reel Rookie

Re: ABC channel is constantly buffering

For several months and at the exact time of 8:51 am EST every day while watching ABC channel via my ROKU Ultra LT and FUBOTV, the ABC channel buffers. I have Ethernet cable betwee my ROKU and router. Buffering happens every day at the exact same time. I can easily get rid of the buffering by simply pressing the back button on my ROKU remote but frankly it’s an annoyance. I’ve tried all these things:  restart ROKU device, power restart router, power restart modem, cleared cache on ROKU. None of these worked. If I switch to another channel at 8:51 am, there’s no buffering. I contact ROKU tech support via email and the person instructed me to replace my Ethernet cable to the ROKU and my HDMI cable from my ROKU to my AV receiver. Sorry, but IMO those cables can’t be the problem. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cborler

Thanks for the post.

Have you already tried contacting the channel provider to see what insight they can provide if this is the only channel you are experiencing this issue? Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

In the meantime, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing 
Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
cborler
Reel Rookie

The buffering issue occurs whenever watching ABC station which we get from the fuboTV app via our Ethernet cable wired ROKU Uktra LT. This buffering happens every morning. It was happening at 8:21 am EST, then changed to 8:53 am EST and now buffers at 8:08 am EST.

Here’s the info you requested:

Model 4801 RW

Serial:  X01000MSC605

Device: SODD3185C605

Op System:11.5.0. Build 4225-DE

FUBO build:  4.8. Build 2500

Time Stamp:  2022-10-24T 12:0915Z

Issue ID:  05-426-969

i have reported it to FUBO and their latest email of 10/18/22 states: “we are investigating this issue and have reported it directly to the Roku team so it is investigated on their end too. However, we don't have any updates regarding this at the moment. “

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@cborler

Thanks for the follow up and providing us with the requested information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos