Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
alnjac

Re: ABC News Live no longer in regular channel list

It seems alot of customers are upset about ABC Live News missing in the channel line up.  Roku should take care of their customers concerns and find out why this happened and contact ABC News Live to fix the problem.

RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hi @alnjac

Thanks for posting here in the Community.

At times, our content providers may choose to remove their channel from our platform at their own request. In other cases, a channel may be removed by us if it violates our terms and conditions. We take reports of piracy or any other unlawful activity very seriously.

For more information, please see our support page here: Why is a channel no longer available on my Roku streaming device? 

I hope this helps!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
Justdann
Binge Watcher

Karla,

Thank you for the canned response but it doesn't explain why Roku no longer has the ABC and CBS News streaming channels on the line up. 

These are free streaming services and can be run via their apps.  Hopefully Roku corp can regain their contractual footing and regain these.

Thanks

Dan

andyross
Roku Guru

As noted, complain to ABC and CBS. They have their own free Roku apps, along with NBC and a few others. Search for ABC News Live and similar. 

0 Kudos
yu246630york
Channel Surfer

When I pay for Roku so that I can watch ABC news, then it is removed without notification, ROKU should refund the entire cost of my TV purchase.

Don't don't deflect your responsibility and tell me to address my concerns to the channel. I didn't purchase my TV from ABC news. I purchased from ROKU based on the channels ROKU stated it will provide. Refund the entire cost of my TV purchase!! 

andyross
Roku Guru

Pay Roku? Roku's own channels are FREE. Anything you pay them are for 3rd party services like Netflix, etc ... 

0 Kudos
AvsGunnar
Community Streaming Expert

It looks like Xumo Play (free app) has been acquiring more LiveTV channels, and ABC News is currently available on it. (not sure if it was there previously or not).

https://channelstore.roku.com/search/xumo

----

Need to keep in mind that it may have been ABC News decision to remove itself from Roku Channel Live TV.  Browsing the ABC website, seems to push Hulu and cable providers quite a bit.  They only mentioned being able to stream ABC News Live on either their website or their app.  They didn't even mention Xumo Play, so who knows where else it may be available.   Can always cast from their website or the app to your Roku or TV.  

https://abc.com/watch-live/abc-news and https://support.abc.com/hc/en-us/articles/360025228631-Where-is-the-live-stream-available-

With any of the free content available (be it on-demand or Live TV), users should be prepared that it will come and go.  No amount of demands or foot stomping will change this fact.  In addition, sometimes these channels will mysteriously reappear after a short absence (a few days to a week) so checking back is sometimes a good idea. 

With Streaming, users need to remain adaptive and flexible to watch their desired content on different channels/apps if it becomes unavailable on their preferred channel/app.   

Roku Community Streaming Expert
Just another Roku user... I am not a Roku employee.
Insignia RokuTV, Ultra 4660, Premiere+ 3921, Express 4k+ 3941, Streambar 9102

Ro15

@.andyross - He's referring to hardware. I myself have multiple roku devices I bought (with real money) because of the Roku UI, line up, etc. So when things start disappearing, it's only fair to ask why. People are asking why so let's let the Roku team answer the questions..

andyross
Roku Guru

@Ro15 wrote:

@.andyross - He's referring to hardware. I myself have multiple roku devices I bought (with real money) because of the Roku UI, line up, etc. So when things start disappearing, it's only fair to ask why. People are asking why so let's let the Roku team answer the questions..

But the user was referring to a Roku TV. Roku does not currently make their own TV's (later this year they will.) Their money went to TCL or similar. Plus, any list you see on a TV or even Roku package probably has an asterisk saying that things can change.

0 Kudos

Why is ABC NEWS Live gone from roku menu?

I'd like to know why ABC News Live is no longer in the Roku streaming menu. Between ABC and NBC news, one or the other is streaming in my home all day long. I like to flip back and forth one channel to watch both during the daytime. Now my only option is to use the abcnews Live app, which sucks for a couple reasons. Now I have to go from the roku menu when I want to switch from NBC to ABC, back to the home screen and open the app. Same when I want to go back to NBC but then have to open Live TV again. Now I've been trying to get used to this and haven't said anything until now. The ABC news Live app constantly freezes up, kicks me off of it and sends me back to the home screen, if I'm lucky. Lately it freezes up the entire TV and I can't even shut it off and have to unplug it. This disconnects my wifi and I have to then go back online after restarting the TV. This is getting ridiculous 🙄.  Why isn't the ABC news Live Channel in the roku menu lineup anymore? ABC news is losing me as a viewer because of this because I'm tired of dealing with the faulty app. Please put ABC News Live back where it's always been!!!???

0 Kudos