Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BobS31599

Re: ABC Channel is not working

Jump to solution

Same here. It crashes half way through a 30 minute program EVERY TIME. When I resume it does it again. No error code. Just crash and it goes back one level.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hey @BobS31599

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community!

Does the issue only occur on ABC or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
csuich
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

For me, this is happening on my 3 TCL Roku TVs. I have restarted the TVs. I have deleted and reinstalled the ABC app. I have signed out of my provider and logged back in. This has been going on now since December 2021.

I've had to bring out my old Firestick to watch ABC. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@csuich

I hope you're doing well.

Did you restart your Roku TV before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
csuich
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi, I should have been a little more clear about the order in which I did things. I certainly did delete the app, restart the TV using the menu you suggested, then reinstall the app and it did not work. I tried it again today in the order that you suggested and the same result. The app opens, I see the ABC splash then there are ghostly images of where the menu items should be for a few seconds and then the app disappears back to the Roku home screen.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@csuich

Thanks for the reply.

If you are still experiencing the same issue from one channel after attempting the suggestions above, videos from other channels play fine, contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help.

Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from them.

We appreciate your understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos

Re: ABC channel not working

Jump to solution

I see this is from 2019.  Have you found a solution yet?  Thanks.

0 Kudos
csuich
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No. It has always been problematic. 

We have moved on to using YouTube TV and watch ABC through it. 

Jump to solution

Thanks

0 Kudos