Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winnihar
Reel Rookie

Re: ABC channel not working

Jump to solution

ok, I tried removing the channel, restarting my Roku then adding the channel back.  It worked great for about 10 min.  

Bea6547

Re: ABC Channel is not working

Jump to solution

Same problem and it’s annoying!  

Ohiostick
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

No issues here watching the Oscars at 10:34 pm.

dad339
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

same problem.  abc gave me the lame remove the app and re-install.  still can't watch bachelor in paridise.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hey @dad339

Thanks for the post.

Could you tell us specifically about the issue you're running into? Does the issue only occur on the ABC channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device? Do you receive an error code or message?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dad339
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

just started happening on the ABC app only.  get CODE: 012-1206-403.

"Currently there is an authorization problem with your TV provider. Please contact us  at abc.com/roku/feedback so we can work with your TV provider to help solve the issue"

Cannot watch anything on ABC, all shows I picked from this week give this error.

Funny thing, I went on my laptop to abc.com to watch.  I have to log into my provider Xfinity, at least 4 times, maybe it was 6, I stopped counting it was so frustrating.  But after I logged in that many times over and over and over, then  it started playing ABC shows on my laptop, I could watch batchelor in paridise.

I wonder if the need to log in so many times is why the ABC app on roku isn't working.  

@RokuKariza-D 

The ABC app worked beginning of last week. I was half way through the episode on Tuesday night. But Thursday I could not longer watch anything. 

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@dad339

Appreciate the details.

You've mentioned that you removed then re-install the app. Did you restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in? That step is crucial when performing the troubleshooting. If you haven't tried it yet, we would recommend giving it a shot once again. Here are the detailed steps you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know if there's any difference after.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
dad339
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D 

so the secret restart is Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.

Did the restart, it does take a long time.  Then readded ABC app.  Problem is still exactly the same. 

Any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
elvenom
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

This is what worked for me after months of frustration.  If you go into the app there are TWO places where you can sign out, from the your 'account' and from 'TV provider'. I initially signed out of the app and signed back in and nothing. Then I tried signing out of the TV provider and I was prompted to go to abc.com/activate  to reactivate the app. I did that and used the activation code and it worked. 

0 Kudos
dad339
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Wow.  I signed into both my provider, which didn't fix it, and then ABC, and that fixed it!  I can't believe that.

Why didn't it prompt me to sign into abc.com to get it to work?   And Why did it stop working after years of working? 

0 Kudos