Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mommad44004
Reel Rookie

A way to disable Live TV entirely?

Jump to solution

I have a TCL tv that it seems impossible to set parental controls for live tv on. I'm thinking it's because it's super old. I'm done fighting with it but also done fighting my kids turning on age inappropriate shows on live tv. I removed the shortcut icon as well as the Roku channel shortcut but it still shows up on the list to the left. Is there a way to turn this feature off completely?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Re: A way to disable Live TV entirely?

Jump to solution

@mommad44004, you can hide it under Settings->Home screen until your children find it and enable it again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @mommad44004

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Could you send us a photo of the shortcut icons showing on your TV screen for us to take a closer look at the issue you're running into? 

Please be aware that the Roku streaming devices do not have a single parental control setting that controls content across all streaming channels, but you can configure access limits through certain channels.

For more information about parental controls on the Roku device, visit our Support page here: How to block content using parental controls | Official Roku Support

Warm Regards,
Lianna

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@mommad44004, you can hide it under Settings->Home screen until your children find it and enable it again.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
mommad44004
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Brilliant!! Thank you so much! If only it could be made that any settings would require the parental control pin to change as well Smiley Wink

Jump to solution

Thank you for asking this question.  A quick google search lead me to this discussion.  I agree, now that I know how to hid "live tv" and "what to watch", Roku needs to add a way to completely password protect the settings.