Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rwright59
Reel Rookie

403 error loading NFL game. Worked fine last week

Jump to solution

I'm getting an error message 403 when loading NFL game last night. Worked fine last week. HELP!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: 403 error loading NFL game. Worked fine last week

Jump to solution

@rwright59 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's error messages and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
14 REPLIES 14
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@rwright59 

Thanks for the post.

For more information about that channel's error messages and functionality, you'll want to contact the channel provider support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
MrNailhead

Jump to solution

And the channel provider is NFL?

0 Kudos
gmfoto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Cable provider says they don't support 3rd party devices and to contact you. "Roku" thanks cox cable / roku for the circlejerk:-(

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @gmfoto,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community! 

We'd be happy to take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing: 

1. Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
  2. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  3. Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel?
  4. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  5. We recommend starting here to troubleshoot any playback issues: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there!

Regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Jomcgarrah

Jump to solution

For me it’s on my Roku device. It’s also only on the NFL app. ALL games are “forbidden”. Help!

0 Kudos
gmfoto
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Probably not helpful or not what you'll want to hear, maybe I gave up too early but I had to purchase a live tv streaming package on like Hulu, Tubi, YouTube, Sling, Paramount Plus. There are many options unfortunately they all cost around $50-$70 per month but hey at least I get to watch football 😞

For me the NFL app continues to crash, lockup, or simply display error403. Odd thing is that I can watch any game streamed on it so long as I am on my phone- via Verizon but switch over to the big screen via my cable connection Cox and nothing but problems. yes I've contacted Cox tech support, they say that they do not trouble shoot 3rd party devices.

0 Kudos
rwright59
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Paying for all the extras piece meal is a joke. I'll just go back to Spectrum. Goodbye.

0 Kudos
LisanTodd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I had the same situation and found a solution thanks to @eggwhites57! Although the solution was relative to AMC experiencing same issue as NFL, this worked for me.

Go into TV Settings-> Privacy -> Advertising and make sure the "Limit Ad Tracking" box is NOT checked. I did that and now AMC+ is working perfectly on my 4K Roku. Give it a try!

What’s funny is that I had to do the opposite. I put a check mark next to “limit ad tracking.” Regardless, it worked. Good luck to anyone else experiencing error code 403.

0 Kudos
LisanTodd
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I reported to NFL Digital Care that we were able to live stream FOX’s coverage of Sundays NFC Rams vs 49ers game on the NFL App. We got the 403 forbidden error message when trying to stream CBS’s coverage of the AFC Bengals vs Chiefs game.

0 Kudos