Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Capitolsrc
Reel Rookie

1 of 5 Rokus in same house will not play ESPN channels on Direct TV Stream

Jump to solution

I have 6 Roku devices plus a Roku TV. I use Direct TV stream; plan includes 3 ESPN channels.  On one Roku--only one--it quit playing any ESPN channel included in my Direct Stream channel list.  Displays message of "oops something went wrong." All other channels work.  ESPN App is the same--if the ESPN channel is included in my DS Channel list, it will not play on this Roku, "customer not authorized for the content requested, Error 0033." All other ESPN programs play, including ESPN+ i subscribed to through ROku.  I've restarted and updated the Roku.  I've deleted and reinstalled and updated Direct TV.  I've disconnected from wireless network and reconnected.  Nothing changes.  Roku Express 3930X, Serial X00400JDNX3G, software 11.0.0 build 4193-AE

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Capitolsrc
Reel Rookie

Re: 1 of 5 Rokus in same house will not play ESPN channels on Direct TV Stream

Jump to solution

As Rosanne Rosanndanna would say, "never mind."  I finally solved the problem with a factory reset, a solution I was hoping to avoid.  

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
Capitolsrc
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

As Rosanne Rosanndanna would say, "never mind."  I finally solved the problem with a factory reset, a solution I was hoping to avoid.  

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Capitolsrc-

I'm glad you got it working.  I'd be reluctant to do a Factory Reset too - especially if you have a lot of installed channels that may then need to be reauthorized.

Some things to consider, should the situation arise again:

• When reinstalling a channel, best practice is to restart your Roku to clear its memory cache before reinstalling the channel. Without the restart you may not get a clean reinstall.  Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find the System restart option under either Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System.

• The only other thing I can think to suggest would be to go into the DTV Stream app and log out, then back in with your DTV Stream credentials to see if that clears the problem.
Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos