Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
homebody1966
Channel Surfer

How To Block YouTube Ads On Roku

Jump to solution

is there a way to watch YouTube with no ads on Roku?

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Re: How To Block YouTube Ads On Roku

Jump to solution

@homebody1966  Thanks for the note. For questions about a channel's features or functionality, you'll want to reach out to that channel provider directly for more information. 

For YouTube, you may be able to sign into the YouTube channel using a YouTube Premium subscription in order to limit or eliminate ads during playback, but you would need YouTube to confirm whether or not that functionality is supported. You can reach out to their support team here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,

Tanner

View solution in original post

EddiePadre
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I am telling  that Roku cannot remove ads, only Android system in other streaming devices can. I know that Roku doesn't run Android.

View solution in original post

80 REPLIES 80
RokuTannerD
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@homebody1966  Thanks for the note. For questions about a channel's features or functionality, you'll want to reach out to that channel provider directly for more information. 

For YouTube, you may be able to sign into the YouTube channel using a YouTube Premium subscription in order to limit or eliminate ads during playback, but you would need YouTube to confirm whether or not that functionality is supported. You can reach out to their support team here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thanks,

Tanner

Cpt1nsano

Jump to solution

Try this:

Start with Roku Settings
  1. Tap on the Settings option in your Roku home screen.
  2. Next, tap on Privacy, and choose Advertising.
  3. Then you need to tick the box next to Limit Ad Tracking.
  4. Finally, restart your Roku device.
loufuddrucker3
Streaming Star

Jump to solution

did that. didnt notice any difference. really wanted political ads to go.

chunk_split
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

@loufuddrucker3 I have YouTube Premium and I don’t see ads on my Roku. Purchased it long before I got a Roku since it works on everything I’m signed into, Chrome, Chromecast and etc.

John5451

Jump to solution

Yours was not a solution, it is just a promotion making people pay.  Youtube display commercial every 5 minutes, it is a matter of time people would get sick and calling for a boycott. 

chunk_split
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

It’s a free service; either you find a way to block ads yourself (e.g. PiHole) or you pay for it, pretty straight forward. If you look at the original question, they asked a simple question with a very simple answer.

As to the frequency of advertisements: That’s up to the content creator. There is some debate on that topic (e.g. YouTube revising old videos and defaulting them to higher frequency advertisements), however that has literally nothing to do with Roku.

gharris34
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I'm hoping YouTube Vanced creates a Roku app soon!

Jump to solution

That's not a youtube issue its a Roku issue to which there is no solution. I'm getting those annoying ads too and considering going to another platform  

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If the ads are within YouTube, that is Google not Roku shoving them at you. Roku only controls ads on the home screen and within The Roku Channel. And the ads I see on the home screen are not video, just static ads.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.