Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
weeyung
Level 7

youtube app on Roku

For the last 4 yrs, I have been use the Youtube app on Roku. Instead the Youtube on my smart TV.

It had only ads at the beginning of program and skips all the ads while watching the the video.

Last May 2020, it changed to have pop up ads while I watch the video.

I have been told everyone to buy the Roku to watch Youtube. Because no ads while watching the video.

From now, I will tell everyone to buy Fire stick or Android TV Player and use the Smart Youtube app. 

I dont mind to have ads at the beginning or the end of video but dont want to see ads in between.

Roku will lost ton customers. I will post this on all the message boards.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
makaiguy
Level 20

Re: youtube app on Roku

So you think it's Roku doing this to you, do you? Pay attention now -- THESE ADS ARE COMING FROM YOUTUBE
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
DandyDon
Level 8

after the latest update, if you pause a video, it shows you an ad when you un-pause it. Roku/Youtube issue

0 Kudos
cut_the_cord
Level 7

makaiguy is partly right.  Youtube is allowing video creators to include the mid-video ad's: https://support.google.com/youtube/answer/6175006?hl=en

Privacy is a right, not a privilege. It's not that I have something to hide, I have nothing I want you to see (Anon 2018).
0 Kudos