Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kalva2020
Level 7

xfinity stream

Jump to solution

hello, 

so I recently moved and i tried to stream the xfinity stream beta app from my Roku and it not working. every time I try to active the app it gives me an error saying " we cannot support high speed data customers without a video subscription.  i tried to restart my roku, delete and re download the app i even restarted my roku profile but nothing seems to work please helppppp!!!!!!

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: xfinity stream

Jump to solution

@Kalva2020 

Thanks for the post.

Have your tried to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

You can reach Xfinity support here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@butlerj_jack 

Thanks for the information.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Xfinity support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Xfinity channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@WarrenH 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that error code, visit Xfinity's support page here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tvapp00101

If you need further assistance regarding your issue, you will need to contact Xfinity support. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
8 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@Kalva2020 

Thanks for the post.

Have your tried to contact Xfinity support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
butlerj_jack
Level 7

Jump to solution

I was just on the phone with Xfinity customer service for over an hour, and at the end they referred me to Roku customer service to ask why the app isn't working? Xfinity Stream works on my phone (iOS) and computer (Chrome on macOS). Interestingly, the Xfinity customer service rep told me Roku isn't officially supported, just Samsung and LG TVs...

0 Kudos
andyross
Level 16

Jump to solution

Exactly what is the issue? You do need a Comcast video subscription. Also, you must be on your home Comcast Internet, and your modem must be properly linked to your TV and Internet account. I have also had occasional issues where overnight 'maintenance' outages cause some database to get confused and I have to reboot the modem to get Comcast services to work (mail and other stuff also will not work until the reboot.)

0 Kudos
butlerj_jack
Level 7

Jump to solution

I have Xfinity internet and tv service, and my TV is in my living on my home network. I spoke with customer service reps at Xfinity and after over an hour, they told me it was an issue with Roku and I needed to contact them. That's strange because I've used my account to authenticate plenty of apps in my TV and they all work fine; the only one I'm having issues with is the Stream app. It's especially frustrating because up until a week or two ago, that app was working perfectly fine. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@butlerj_jack 

Thanks for the information.

Try removing the channel from the Roku home screen by navigating to the channel tile, pressing the * key on your remote and choosing 'Remove channel'. Then restart your device from Settings>System>System restart. Once your player starts up again, add the channel back once more. 

If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend reaching out to Xfinity support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Xfinity channel (app), that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.  

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos
butlerj_jack
Level 7

Jump to solution

That did the trick finally! I deleted and re-installed the app four or five times to no avail, restarted the TV multiple times, but it must be the order of uninstall, restart, re-install that did it! Thank you!

0 Kudos
WarrenH
Level 7

Jump to solution

We have been using Xfinity Stream for 2 years.  It occasionally required reauthorization but that always worked until now.  I have spent hours with Xfinity support & removed, recycled Roku (both online & unplug) & the channel per this thread.  However, we are unable to activate this channel.  Prime, Netflix, etc. all work fine.  But I get a TVAPP 00101 error message each time I enter the activation code with a message that I can watch streaming on phone or tablet.

suggestions please.

Warren

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Jump to solution

@WarrenH 

Thanks for the inquiry.

For more information about that error code, visit Xfinity's support page here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/tvapp00101

If you need further assistance regarding your issue, you will need to contact Xfinity support. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator

0 Kudos