Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rackjite
Level 7

xfinity app fail on roku stick

Jump to solution

I have 4 rokus. 3 of them the xfinity app is installed and working fine.  I have an older Roku stick and when I search xfinity it shows the app, but there is a blank box, no stars and when I click it it says channel install failed.  whatup

RJ

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: xfinity app fail on roku stick

Jump to solution

[Topic relocated]

For channel availability and device compatibility information, you'll want to contact any specific channel provider directly to inquire about which models of Roku devices their channel supports. 

You can see more information about Xfinity and their supported Roku devices here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfinity-tv-app-on-roku

Thanks,

Tanner 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
makaiguy
Level 11

Jump to solution

Some apps/channels are written with code that requires the capability of more recent Roku models. This is more common with newer apps that were first written after the newer units came out.  Older apps with updated code available often still have the older versions in the system. Ones that don't have available versions that will not run on your older units often cannot even be installed to them.

Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

Jump to solution

[Topic relocated]

For channel availability and device compatibility information, you'll want to contact any specific channel provider directly to inquire about which models of Roku devices their channel supports. 

You can see more information about Xfinity and their supported Roku devices here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activate-xfinity-tv-app-on-roku

Thanks,

Tanner 

Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager

View solution in original post

0 Kudos