Channel Issues & Questions

Help & troubleshooting for channels on your Roku device, including adding/removing channels, logging in to, authenticating, or activating a channel, channel-specific playback issues, assistance contacting channel publishers to report issues, and adjusting channel-specific settings.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
GHWrenchit
Level 7

xfinity Beta

I love Roku!!!  Could you however implement some system to require channel providers to add value to what they are trying to give us? Case in point... xfinity has been in Beta since my Roku purchase (over 1 year now) but also my ISP for everything.

The most annoying thing is trying to watch local broadcast channels. Choose channel 8, and now you are watching some other 1200 + plus channel number. Try to go back and I have to scroll all the way back down to the single digit channels.... to switch to channel 13.

It just plain is... a pain in the @ss 

Thank you

GHWrenchit

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Highlighted
andyross
Level 12

Re: xfinity Beta

Channel numbers of 1000+ are Comcast's national lineup. 1000-1099 are local main channels, and 1100-1199 are some local subchannels and news networks. After that, they are the same nationwide. For example, here in Chicago, 7=WLS SD, 187=WLS HD, and 1007=WLS HD.

Also, the 1000+ numbers will default to HD unless and HD feed is not available.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
jmarkcobb
Level 8

Re: xfinity Beta

What I do is go to 'last watched list' whenever i want to change a channel, unless it is only a few digits away in which case I will then click the right button to go to channel up/down and select it that way. I haven't figured out a better way to do it. My issue with the app is often when I want to change the channel, it will not tune but show it is trying. So after awhile i have to hit the back key and try it again where it generally works.

0 Kudos